Which of these is the hardest and easiest a level... Watch

x_reggg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AdvancedWave)
Can anyone give a proper definition of science?
according to my dictionary:

Science: 1. Knowledge about the structure and behaviour of the natural and physical world, based on facts that you can prove, for example by experiments... 4. A system for organizing the kowledge about a particular subject, especially one concerned with aspects of human behaviour or society.
Complex Simplicity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AdvancedWave)
No such thing :p:

Geography is half sociology half science.
So is medicine, maybe that classifies as a humanity also :rolleyes:
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chemistry > Physics > Mathematics, don't do the others.
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Geography has the BIGGEST workload by far, there's so much to learn, so much to understand, processes, how things are formed, conditions so no way can you say it's an easy subject! It's not just because it's a huge workload that it's hard, it's also that the facts you have to know arn't as easy as some people think, so yeah don't diss geography unless you've tried it lol :p:
BioSam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
Difficulty is subjective. It's impossible to come to a definite conclusion.

I've not taken Chemistry or Physics (unfortunately), but I personally found Maths harder than Biology, which in turn is harder than Geography.
seanw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, I did physics double maths chemistry and biology, and without a doubt, biology was the hardest.
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jseldis)
Geography is NOT a science. It's a humanity. Anyone who claims that it is a science is compensating.
If it is not a science, then why in quite a few university degrees, so they count it as a science?

http://www.derby.ac.uk/geology-bsc-h...rseSearchText=

http://www.ex.ac.uk/cornwall/academi...gy/index.shtml

"Programme Requirement
GCE AL/AS Science includes: Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Design and Technology; Environmental Science; Geography; Geology; Maths; Physics; Science."

Miss Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I personally would say (from easiest to hardest):

1. Geography
2. Maths
3. Biology
4. Chemistry
5. Physics

But it will depend on the person.
juicyfruit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Miss Monkey)
I personally would say (from easiest to hardest):

1. Geography
2. Maths
3. Biology
4. Chemistry
5. Physics

But it will depend on the person.
Yeah I agree it totally depends on the person, as I have friends who find Maths and Chemistry easy but find Geography hard, where as I love Geography and do best in it but arn't as good at the other subjects.
AdvancedWave
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by x_reggg)
according to my dictionary:

Science: 1. Knowledge about the structure and behaviour of the natural and physical world, based on facts that you can prove, for example by experiments...
Science is based more on assumptions than facts. Take the formula f=ma. It has only been proven as a fact in a finite number of experiments. In reality there are an infinite number of possibilities. We assume it holds true for all these possibilities because it has not been falsified so far.
4. A system for organizing the kowledge about a particular subject,
Sounds more like an encyclopedia than an active science. Especially concerned
especially one concerned with aspects of human behaviour or society.
Just no.
AdvancedWave
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Complex Simplicity)
So is medicine, maybe that classifies as a humanity also :rolleyes:
Medicine is like 99% science and 1% patient management and crap like that.
beccarr
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The people in my year seem to have a real difficulty with Chemistry..I thought Physics was hard, but the people who get A's in Physics are failing Chemistry this year I like Maths so it's the easiest subject for me but otherwise i would say Physics
mr-tom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Geography

That's from easiest to hardest. Geography is pure memory, maths is pure logic. I have a poor memory but am quite logical, depends on the individual.
thisispop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm amazed so many people are saying geography is easy. I want to do a degree in it and I'm having trouble getting the grade (a C!) to do so.
K!&[email protected]
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I only study Biology and Chemistry (AS) so therefore I don't have any personal experience with the other 3...however, a lot of my friends study Mathematics and Physics. Based on this, I would say that Physics and Chemistry are the most difficult, followed (very closely) by Mathematics. Biology is about learning rather than understanding, unlike the first 3 which are a combination of both. I don't have much info. on Geography but from what I've heard it's probably on the same par as Biology.

Hope this helped!!
karate_kat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by K!&[email protected])
I only study Biology and Chemistry (AS) so therefore I don't have any personal experience with the other 3...however, a lot of my friends study Mathematics and Physics. Based on this, I would say that Physics and Chemistry are the most difficult, followed (very closely) by Mathematics. Biology is about learning rather than understanding, unlike the first 3 which are a combination of both. I don't have much info. on Geography but from what I've heard it's probably on the same par as Biology.

Hope this helped!!
I think in AS biology it is more about learning than understanding, but in A2 it does get quite a bit harder and you do have to understand what you've learnt, and use your knowledge to solve problems.
cantthinkofaname
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
... of those listed below:

Biology
Chemistry
Geography
Mathematics
Physics

It would also be helpful if you could state your reason why.
maths is probably easiest if your good at it, biology and geography can be difficult as there is an awful lot to learn, wheras chemistry is also hard. however physics can be easy or hard depends on who u are rlly.
shimmyjimmy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OCR Geography is piss easy. PE teachers teach it, and most people at our school were on 270+ after AS. Better than average state school.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by shimmyjimmy)
OCR Geography is piss easy. PE teachers teach it, and most people at our school were on 270+ after AS. Better than average state school.
how true is that! PE teachers do teach geography, and i've known some dance/history/head teachers that also teach geography as well.
thisispop
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, that's my confidence completely shattered then.
I'm doing OCR and well, if everyone thinks it's 'piss easy' then I don't stand a chance in hell of getting a decent grade on it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed