alexaam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, what's the difference between
1. btec level 3 national extended certificate in applied science
2. Btec level 3 national diploma in applied science
3. Btec level 3 national extended diploma in applied science ?
I really need to know and which one gives a wide option and how long are the courses? I did try and search but I got very very confused pls plsss HELP ME.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As far as I know, and it might have changed; the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is worth 3 A Levels. The other qualifications are equivalent to less.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think all the courses take 2 years , but don't quote me on that. The Level 3 Extended Diploma definitely does as my son did one.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just to add; the Level 3 Extended Diploma, while worth 3 A Levels is very good, just bear in mind that you will only ever be able to use the qualification in that particular field the qualification is in. If you have a BTEC in Applied Science, you will never be able to use the qualification to apply for a degree in a completely different discipline. Or a job for that matter. My son did Health and Social Care, then realised that he didn't in the end want to work in that area at all. If he had done A Levels from the start they would have been so much more flexible as to the choices they would have given him.
Last edited by markova21; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (142)
13.43%
Excited (95)
8.99%
Worried (196)
18.54%
Terrified (238)
22.52%
Meh (84)
7.95%
Confused (31)
2.93%