Drinking 2 nights before exam??? Watch

IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
Will getting really drunk tonight effect Monday & Tuesdays exam??? I can get enough sleep an stuff, just whether it'll affect my short-term memory the next day even the slightest bit whilst revising.

Sorry if it's a stupid question...

Will it hinder my ability to retain information over the next 2 days? That's a better question.
It'll affect your day tomorrow if you drink a load, but you'll be fine on Monday and Tuesday. Unless you contract alcohol poisoning and are unable to take the exams of course, but providing you dont down 2 litres of smirnoff or do something equally stupid youll have nothing to worry about.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I drink the night before an exam while revising. It makes revision more fun.

I was also considering bringing vodka in a water bottle into the exam
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
Because tonight is the crappy Wimborne Folk Festival where every kid within a 30 mile radius comes to get really drunk, lol.

EDIT: Oh dear, what a decision...I should stay at home but I don't know whether it'll effect me that much in 2 days time.
Haha awesome I was out at the Folky last night, got totally obliterated as well and started riding a bike around when I was completely smashed.

Go and have some fun, maybe go a bit easier than you would otherwise though.
Punk Phloyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Go for it, you'll be fine

I have an exam on tuesday but it's my friend's 18th tonight... so I will be getting ridiculously drunk. If you don't usually get hangovers then you should be fine.
Hispanic-Impressions
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't say it was a massive issue.

Also, err, Bournemouth ftw. :p:
Bakunin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mate, takeaway pizza and a wake-'n' and I'd drink the night before my exams yeah.

Hell if I could I'd drink in there.
lucho22
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It all depends if you get completely sozzled or just have a couple of pints... if you really get plastered - then it probably will... after a heavy night out sometimes i've felt pretty grotty for up to 3 days after..
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why don't you have a big piss up after your exams are over?
Henerz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol drinking 2 nights before exams...course it won't matter, and going out the night before can't make a huge difference...

On the night before my first AS exam I was playing hockey and still in the clubhouse, after a few pints, at past midnight. Aced that module, which I really didn't expect to

Perhaps it helps? You never know because no one's stupid enough to try! Anyway, 2 nights before won't make a blind bit of difference.
parpirate
Badges: 12
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by modini)
Depends how many units of alcohol you consume. It takes about an hour to pass 4 units out of blood (if I'm wrong, please correct me). So if you have a lot to drink, you could still be feeling the effects 2 days later.
It's one unit per hour, which is why it's quite common to wake up still feeling the effects of the alcohol, i.e. feeling drunk, not hungover.

This should tell you it aint a good idea
Ewan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My end of year party was before my exams even ended :-/
Officer Dibble
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I wouldn't recommend it because I get so tired and hungover after drinking that I can't really focus on much for a whole day after. Also, I get some de-personalisation for up to a week after.

Wreckage.
DannyBoy123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Carlos The Villan)
Why don't you have a big piss up after your exams are over?
Because the Wimborne Folk Festival is an institution around these 'ere parts so not going is not an option.
parpirate
Badges: 12
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ewan)
My end of year party was before my exams even ended :-/
Same, except my EOTP is this thurday and my last exam is friday morning and it's an important 1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (132)
63.77%
No I haven't decided yet (44)
21.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
14.98%

Watched Threads