Are Premiership players over-worked? Watch

NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
"The top divisions in Germany and Spain start a week later, and Italy's Serie A on 24 August - the leagues all have 20 teams, bar Germany's Bundesliga (18) . . . it takes into account Fifa international dates, Uefa dates, and the FA and EFL Cup dates with a draft schedule then put to the clubs for ratification. The Premier League has also introduced a short winter break in February for the first time this season.
Fifpro - a global players' union - says the health of top footballers is "at risk" ...

+ There will be two international tournaments next summer, with Euro 2020 and the Copa America taking place.

(source)
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
"The top divisions in Germany and Spain start a week later, and Italy's Serie A on 24 August - the leagues all have 20 teams, bar Germany's Bundesliga (18) . . . it takes into account Fifa international dates, Uefa dates, and the FA and EFL Cup dates with a draft schedule then put to the clubs for ratification. The Premier League has also introduced a short winter break in February for the first time this season.
Fifpro - a global players' union - says the health of top footballers is "at risk" ...

+ There will be two international tournaments next summer, with Euro 2020 and the Copa America taking place.

(source)
I mean I love football, but I would happily take on the role of a player for the salary that some of them receive.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Strelzo)
I mean I love football, but I would happily take on the role of a player for the salary that some of them receive.
Yes, from our perspective, but their agents tell them to compare themselves with players elsewhere, not "the man in the street".
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Yes, from our perspective, but their agents tell them to compare themselves with players elsewhere, not "the man in the street".
True, but I would still be very happy with the salary for playing football once a week (plus the training). Not to mention the free short holidays that they get when they have to play internationally, and any rewards they may receive. I feel as though they would have a lot more motivation that most people.

Of course it means a lot to the players and they want to be at their best at all times, winning as many games as possible and potentially go down as a "club legend" or either a world famous player. But once they retire, they won't need to work again. They'll be set for the rest of their lives, some more than others and can enjoy each day as it comes without the worry of having to pay a mortgage or rent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%