What are the secrets to gettings straight a/a*? Watch

Reltub
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by somewiseguy)
And if you are smart-don't pick fights with people who have a far better reputation than yourself
yes, becuase reputation on here should mean soo much to people....
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Are you familiar with the myth of Sisyphus? Well, anyhow, notwithstanding the fact that it isn't possible to rep someone more than once each month, you've precisely no rep-power as of my negging you; so, be my guest.
once a month it is then
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sam...:D)
once a month it is then
My current reputation points: 37042.
My current reputation power: 467.

Your current reputation points: nil.
Your current reputation power: nil.

Good luck.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How many people compose their best argumentation spontaneously, and since when has that been the most prudent or the most efficient approach? In any case, as you've taken it upon yourself to adopt such a petulant, impertinent and altogether personal tone; I can virtually guarantee you that I am vastly more articulate and eloquent, both spontaneously and otherwise, than you've any hope of ever becoming.

Of course, you'll have to take my word on that (though I'm sure I could garner corroborating testimony from TSR members who know me personally); but then, such is the art of empty rhetoric (which you seem to espouse).
I know that this quoted post isn't aimed at me but I'd just like to say, your vocabularly is quite impressive. Well, I'm impressed anyway.
My peers hate it when I when I use "long words" though so I always make sure I tone it down with the exception of when I'm with people who actually understand me.
kokiri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I might make it my mission to give you negative feeback everyday, just because i can, and see how long it takes for yours to go down
This has got to be the most infantile, amusingly absurd threat I've come across in a long time.
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My current reputation points: 37042.
My current reputation power: 467.

Your current reputation points: nil.
Your current reputation power: nil.

Good luck.
Wow that IS impressive :eek: .....

I must say, I feel privilaged to have had so much attention from someone with a reputation as good as that....
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kokiri)
This has got to be the most infantile, amusingly absurd threat I've come across in a long time.
lol, glad it made you laugh!
as my mother used to say, laughter is the best cure for anything!
AmieFM
Report 11 years ago
Seriously crammed for each exam at GCSE.
Did me pretty well

A Levels however...ugh.
I suggest you work hard all year.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
C'est très dur! well its not too hard if you work hard from day 1. Make sure you learn some vocabulary each week and do grammer exersizes at least every other day. ... I didn't and now i regret it, but im cramming it all in for my my exams so its all good .
Well, we've established that French is your third-language; so, English being your second: what's your first?
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Poshtotty)
I know that this quoted post isn't aimed at me but I'd just like to say, your vocabularly is quite impressive. Well, I'm impressed anyway.
My peers hate it when I when I use "long words" though so I always make sure I tone it down with the exception of when I'm with people who actually understand me.
I dont understand why people like you and Profesh dont put your "good language skills" to good use and learn a NEW langauge, rather than improving your current language. It just seems to be a bit pointless if you have to tone it down when your with your "peers" anyway.
Rob 07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I discovered something the other day. if you delete the post which you are positvely or negatively repped for it dissapears, you may want to try it for the post you were negged for to see if it works!
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, we've established that French is your third-language; so, English being your second: what's your first?
jealous? I think so.
Reltub
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rob 07)
I discovered something the other day. if you delete the post which you are positvely or negatively repped for it dissapears, you may want to try it for the post you were negged for to see if it works!
thanks, yh that works, i just tried it.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
jealous? I think so.
Warum denkst du das? Ich habe diese Auseinandersetzung wirklich lustig gefunden; aber, Ich fühle mich ganz herzzerreißend dass du so getäuscht bist.
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
Firstly, a certain minimum intelligence is required. After that, all factors are external.
dinosaur711
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
awww.. why can't we just all be friends? all this quarreling makes my heart weep.
Poshtotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont understand why people like you and Profesh dont put your "good language skills" to good use and learn a NEW langauge, rather than improving your current language. It just seems to be a bit pointless if you have to tone it down when your with your "peers" anyway.
I do learn new languages. I just enjoy expanding my vocabulary. If we all just settled for simple words then life would be immensely boring.

I can empathise with you as to why you think it's boring because we're all entitled to our opinion but for me, it's natural to pick up new and more complex words which I add to my everyday life. If there weren't people out there who used more complex language then in 50 years time, we might as well get rid of dictionaries since most of the words in there would probably be of no use if no one was willing to incorporate it into their language.

I don't want an argument. I just thought I needed to get that across.
We all think differently though. I understand that.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
^^^^^^^^ excuse me, but can you please write in english?
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd rather engage in exquisite badinage with my fellow countrymen than mundane, banal, exasperating small-talk with foreigners, most of whom will have been raised from birth to speak a far higher standard of English than I could likely hope to attain in their tongue without immersing myself in an alien culture for years at a stretch. I like Germany, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
^^^^^^^^ excuse me, but can you please write in english?
Why don't you bloody well learn some? We're not all obligated to take tremendous and inordinate pains to condescend to your rudimentary parlance every time we wish to communicate anything more sophisticated than 'how much are these turnips?' or 'where's the well?'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.71%
No (156)
74.29%

Watched Threads