The joys of shopping Watch

eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I was in Sainsbury's with my mum this morning and as we were queueing up she noticed that a packet of biscuits she had picked up were half open.

She asked me to go to the aisle and get a new pack, which I did. On the way to the isle I saw a lady walking towards me with her husband. She was wearing a black t-shirt that said COCAINE in big white letters.

Cool I thought! So I was like hey nice t-shirt. She turns round and was like "what??"
"Nice t-shirt!" I said - by this time she was giving me some really demented look and it was only as I looked at her shirt I could see, written in blood red, the words "destroyed my community".

Oh **** I thought, she's probably lost all of her sons to a miserable all consuming cocaine addiction and I'm bigging her up for having a t-shirt that says cocaine on it.
She and her husband then go on to berate me in the frozen fish aisle for my idiocy and say people like me are the reason drug dealers are in business and are out there ruining peoples lives. I say to her people should take responsibility for their own actions and that alcohol and tobacco are also massive blights on society yet no one goes round wearing t-shirts saying Marlboro lights killed my community.

Anyway after a few apologies I rush off to get the biscuits.

When I get back to the queue they have only gone and plotted right behind my mum who is unloading her trolley. What do I do? Give my mum the biscuits? Or just disappear and wait by the car claiming I had temporarily lost my bearings.

Needless to say I lost my bearings - the thought of a drug debate at the tills with my mother and the evangelical freaks was just too much.

Oh the joys of shopping.

Old thread disappeared. Probably the political correctness Gestapo (in other words, mini-mods who think they're top dog)
Anonymous.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol I mean it is not your fault that you read wrong, and its not their fault because they wanted to get the message across! But that is funny about the part when you say nice T-Shirt, thats why I never compliment people they take it the wrong way...

Ah well glad no fist and punches got involved!
The Black Chuck Norris
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why did you post this again

oh nvm you said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
12.5%
No (7)
87.5%

Watched Threads