-Genre
-Purpose
-Audience
-Register/Tone
-Historical/Social Context
-Literary/Linguistic Features
-Field Specific
-Attitudes and Values

..I was thinking of writing a paragraph on each one for each text. However, I'm worried about how I would include linguistic features..say in the Purpose paragraph you would possibly struggle..HELP!!
You will have a fragmented analysis that way. You want it to read fluently. Try and link similar points together.

Take a look at my A grade analysis I posted on here earlier, it might give you an idea.

If you mention linguistic/literary features always analyse them and link them to the attitudes and values and/or the purpose of the text.
serious_man18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ash james your sick mate! lol and everyone else that has contributed today naughty(i dont know ur name) wifi...(spanish chick hehe) and everyone really. ive learnt a lot today. i hope tomorrows texts will be good and will have alot to talk about..lets keep this up
Miss.Naughty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah i'm hoping the Examiners will be very nice to us tomorow

Haha, can't see it happening myself!!

Good luck everybody.
serious_man18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
stop with the fatalistic attitude tis be a great exam.,...if not ill come back online and start swearing at edexcel for 2 hours lol
Miss.Naughty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by serious_man18)
stop with the fatalistic attitude tis be a great exam.,...if not ill come back online and start swearing at edexcel for 2 hours lol
Sounds good to me lol!!
Have the morning to revise anyway
storminaDcup
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Hope this helps! I apologise for any typos - my scanners broken so I had to type it all up. I'm sure everyone is capable of doing the above, it's just a matter of understanding their purposes and the content really. *rests fingers*
[/QUOTE]

really good analysis...and it's not even that long either!!
storminaDcup
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey guys, I was on another thread, didn't realise there was this one going!! Will paste up a model answer later that I did at school got nearly full marks on it. Really good stuf on here, and let's just hope we get decent texts!! It's easaaasy really :P i saw someone asking about how to introduce, I write about the genre, audience and purpose of all 3 texts in my intro which i find starts it off nicely. i'm bricking about it this though tbh because my last exam went pretty bad and it's dented my confidence.
AshJames
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been told to write about a page for each text? How many do you guys tend to write?
motherfunky
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by storminaDcup)
Hey guys, I was on another thread, didn't realise there was this one going!! Will paste up a model answer later that I did at school got nearly full marks on it. Really good stuf on here, and let's just hope we get decent texts!! It's easaaasy really :P i saw someone asking about how to introduce, I write about the genre, audience and purpose of all 3 texts in my intro which i find starts it off nicely. i'm bricking about it this though tbh because my last exam went pretty bad and it's dented my confidence.
ooo would be great to see a model answer! i can never get past a B on my practise exams.. so would like to see where im going wrong

and dont worry i think we were all royally ****ed when it came to that unit 5 exam!
miss.panesar
Report 11 years ago
OMG someone save me :'(
Triggerishappy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AshJames)
I've been told to write about a page for each text? How many do you guys tend to write?
I write a page a text but I get 15 words to a line
wifofito
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Heya! You're welcome, serious man. Good luck everyone! I'd like to see that model essay by StorminaDcup :P
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I Can't Sleep. I Feel Like Spontaneously Combusting. This Is Actually The Make It Or Break It Exam. If You're On A Grade B Now, You Can Push It Up To An A With This Exam. Arghhh Crikey.

PS. that was all typed in caps, but it auto-reformatted it. damn my effort to emphasis the situation!
FernandoTorresIsMyRockgod
Report 11 years ago
Dude easy,

Genre
Audience
Purpose
Tone
Lexis
Semantics
Grammar

Never got below a b with it...
dewdrop_roses
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think now is a good time to say how completely and utterly scared I am right now!
I haaaaate exams evil creations.

My plan? Basically consists of writing as much as humanly possible and anything humanly possible and hoping I pick up some marks along the way lol Think I'll structure it:

General Intro
Text 1
Text 2 (compared to text 1)
Text 3 (compared to text 1 and 2)
Conclusion

Keeping a continuous focus on attitudes, values and genre.

Dear GOD I hope that gets me somewhere! I was hoping for a B in English and so far I have BBCA for all the AS modules and coursework and if you've been reading the other thread you'll know about my school's royal **** up with my exam last week so really...this exam is make or break!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

dewdrop_roses
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
omg. i need to get an A in this module and i've overslept. need to reviseeeeeee ;llllllllllll
miss.panesar
Report 11 years ago
Freaking out last minute... OMFG :eek:

Been reading this thread and jus wanted to say thanks alot guys, it really has helped.
Miss.Naughty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
erm guys we're not meant to discuss the exam.

"IMPORTANT: Edexcel, CIE and STEP exams discussion is strictly forbidden until international timings have passed. Please read this announcement before posting.
posted by Dalimyr"
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ekk posts been deleted, can we discuss?
Triggerishappy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well its been well over 12 hours and 10 warning points later so I'd say yeah....

Text B wasn't an interview (if anyone saw my posts last night), it was just a convo with Pinter http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/oc...oks.nobelprize
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads