motherfunky
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok cool cause I didn't mention anything about an interview! Thank god it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm just worried I wrote the wrong kind of stuff. I PROPA confused some of my points but luckily I covered all three texts equally and finished WOOHOO ITS OVEEEER!
AshJames
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Will our posts be unhidden or have they been deleted? o_O
serious_man18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it seems like our most well-informed commentaries have been DELETED!!!!
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Arghhh! Everyone discuss the Diana journal thing! Was it satirical, political and mildly sombre?
wifofito
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Heya! Did anyone do question 2?
I think my exam went pretty well, I did the purple aubergine thingy and all the rest. I wrote around 6 pages, I think. How much did you guys write?
Triggerishappy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AshJames)
Arghhh! Everyone discuss the Diana journal thing! Was it satirical, political and mildly sombre?
I just took it as reportage but it was clear the diary was written for publication and not for personal use.
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wifofito)
I think my exam went pretty well, I did the purple aubergine thingy and all the rest. I wrote around 6 pages, I think. How much did you guys write?
I wrote 7 pages in all, and my handwriting is pretty small. But as that say, quality counts as opposed to quantity!

I think a lot of people were turned off by question 2 as the texts were rather large ones!

Anyone else care to contribute how they felt it went?
Triggerishappy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought it went great and I avoided question 2 for the same reason! I just couldn't be bothered to scour through such massive texts.
serious_man18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
about 6/7 same
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Please God grace me with a grade A in this subject so I can go to Manchester University!

Thank you
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did anyone also do the Writing for different audiences and purposes exam? The novel extract question?
Withoutadoubt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did 2 but was starting on 1 until I realised I couldn't say much about Pinter and the ballerina.
wifofito
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AshJames)
Please God grace me with a grade A in this subject so I can go to Manchester University!

Thank you
OKAY my heart just skipped a beat, because I need an A in English to get in Manchester too!

God please have mercy on the two of us
wifofito
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Withoutadoubt)
Did 2 but was starting on 1 until I realised I couldn't say much about Pinter and the ballerina.
Which 2 texts did you say were similar?
It appears that most people did q 1. In my class I was the only one to do q 2
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think I even made an explicit link between the two journals, arghhhhhhhh!

How one was for personal use and the other clearly for publication

What are you studying wifofito?
Withoutadoubt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Which 2 texts did you say were similar?
It appears that most people did q 1. In my class I was the only one to do q 2
I thought the ESPN and Evawhat'sherface articles were similar for a few reasons (figurative language, formal features of being web sites, they weren't there at the time(sort of w/ Eva - she wasn't at Chernobyl during the explosion obviously)).

Mine was a mix I think, small class though (7). 2 was a lot better I reckon, there was a bit I could say about the Queen's diary but very little for Pinter and the dancer. The Alps letter was daunting and I couldn't make out much that was what I'd call poetical but tere were plenty of diachronic (I don't fully understand this term TBH)variation between then and today.
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What did you guys say about that interview/newspaper thing about the guy winning the award?
wifofito
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Withoutadoubt)
I thought the ESPN and Evawhat'sherface articles were similar for a few reasons (figurative language, formal features of being web sites, they weren't there at the time(sort of w/ Eva - she wasn't at Chernobyl during the explosion obviously)).

The Alps letter was daunting and I couldn't make out much that was what I'd call poetical but tere were plenty of diachronic (I don't fully understand this term TBH)variation between then and today.
I think I said the same: Schwartzman and Elena Cherobyl were similar although Elena had some things in common with Thomas Gray's stupid stupid stupid letter to his mother. I can't remember the exact technical terms I wrote

To AshJames: I'll be reading Law with Politics IF I GET THE FRIGGIN GRADES!! :eek:
Results day will be so scary. What about you?
serious_man18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
when is results day someone?
AshJames
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
August 14
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads