i have to relearn everythng and practice alot of papers and calculations
aster100
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ps7)
how are you guys doing it?
i have to relearn everythng and practice alot of papers and calculations
Same

I can remember so much before an exam. Just after an exam I forget everything.

So basically, synoptic will be a flop for moi.
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
have you got any synoptic papers to look through from pervisou years,

when i did it a few years ago a lot of the questions are very simular and just repeated and changed slightly. they are not THAT cruel with synoptic papers, its usually slightly easier areas of the course because it'd be too hard to expect someone to remember all the hard stuff for one exam.

i'd reccomend looking for things that haven't appeared in the most recent synoptic papers because that content is more likely to be in there, learn as many equations as you can.

one other little tip, the AS-stuff in there is mostly covered in A2 so its not too difficult and you'll probably be able to remember back to that kinda stuff when you did it back then.

but good luck with the exam
Excalibur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chem synoptic is not as bad as say, Bio synoptic because the content overlaps - for example, the majority of Unit 2 apart from the industrial processes are covered in 4 and 5 (energetics, equilibria, kinetics, organic). The unit 3 content is a bit of a pain though, all those tests etc.

I also hate the fact that there is a choice in section B - I always take far too long to decide on which question to do, then spend the rest of the time thinking "I should've done the other question".
aster100
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Excalibur)
Chem synoptic is not as bad as say, Bio synoptic because the content overlaps - for example, the majority of Unit 2 apart from the industrial processes are covered in 4 and 5 (energetics, equilibria, kinetics, organic). The unit 3 content is a bit of a pain though, all those tests etc.

I also hate the fact that there is a choice in section B - I always take far too long to decide on which question to do, then spend the rest of the time thinking "I should've done the other question".
lol

same.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.68%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.44%
Not great so far... (212)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (114)
19.19%

Watched Threads