Was Religion the main cause of the Tudor rebellion?

Watch
niamhgater02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
"religion was the main cause of the Tudor rebellion"

I am doing this question for my A-level coursework and I'm really struggling to find a good historical debate. I really need two historians, one with a clear view that religion was the main cause and one with a different view on the cause. if anyone has any idea of books that contain this or have knowlege of any historians please could you tell me.
Last edited by niamhgater02; 1 year ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
I think thats why you have to do research. Identifying the information and assessing it is part of your coursework.

It may be that you find no single Historian or article reaching that conclusion. I think your approach may be too simplistic and not everything is handed to you on a plate. If you want to go down that route then you are going to have to find papers focusing on the subject matter and see what they have to say. Whilst using other peoples ideas are important they are also interested in your historical skills to ask the right question, assess the evidence and evaluate.

Make good notes on rebellion and causes. I thought there were several?

Make good notes on religion, influence and rebellion.

I would also write something a bit more in depth about religion and its role in society so you can flesh out why or whether it was in fact really important or whether there were underlying factors. You will get a better mark if you deal with religion and cause plus examine the role through the span of rebellion. You will get a better mark if you examine the other factors. You can also ask other questions about motivation and cause.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tudor+r...f=nb_sb_noss_1

Library and bibliographies are where I start.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which one is the "Tudor rebellion"? Do you mean the Western Rebellion in 1549?
Also, are you with OCR?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.4%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.67%
Look for a job (14)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.24%
Take a year out (68)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed