BradGreenwood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I am hoping to go to leeds beckett university this year to do a foundation year then progress onto the real degree. I was wondering if you needed A - levels or BTEC to get in, would it be possible to go to uni without these? By doing a foundation year first? Thanks
FlameKitty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Most courses will consider other things like work experience. You would have to ask the places you are considering if they will accept you without a levels or btecs because it will depend on the institution.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by BradGreenwood)
Hi, I am hoping to go to leeds beckett university this year to do a foundation year then progress onto the real degree. I was wondering if you needed A - levels or BTEC to get in, would it be possible to go to uni without these? By doing a foundation year first? Thanks
You normally need level 3 qualifications for entry into a foundation year. What qualifications do you have?
BradGreenwood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I did a Btec level 3 extended diploma in sport and excercise science but only completed year 1 with a Pass Pass grade. Then For my 2nd year out of school i worked in a business environment as a sales exec and for a year and gained valuable experience working in the business industry, hoping to do a sport/business course.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I did a Btec level 3 extended diploma in sport and excercise science but only completed year 1 with a Pass Pass grade. Then For my 2nd year out of school i worked in a business environment as a sales exec and for a year and gained valuable experience working in the business industry, hoping to do a sport/business course.
Why did you drop out of your BTEC? Why are you sure that studying the same subject at university won’t end the same way?
BradGreenwood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I felt as if the teaching standards weren’t very good and the relationship between the teachers and students was poor. I have now aged since then and discovered a new level of maturity and am set on what I want to do. As I say previously I have completed half of the BTEC but the next year worked full time as a sales executive for an insurance brokers for over a year, this has also given me valuable experience working in a business environment so potentially a business course would be good for me also. I am very passionate about studying sport / business at university. If I explained my situation at the clearing open day would this potentially lead me somewhere? Many thanks
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I felt as if the teaching standards weren’t very good and the relationship between the teachers and students was poor. I have now aged since then and discovered a new level of maturity and am set on what I want to do. As I say previously I have completed half of the BTEC but the next year worked full time as a sales executive for an insurance brokers for over a year, this has also given me valuable experience working in a business environment so potentially a business course would be good for me also. I am very passionate about studying sport / business at university. If I explained my situation at the clearing open day would this potentially lead me somewhere? Many thanks
Have you looked into whether you can go back to college to complete the btec? That would be a lot cheaper than a foundation year and give you a much wider range of choices for university than trying to get onto a foundation year with a 90 credit diploma.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (70)
15.49%
Uncertainty around my education (78)
17.26%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
9.07%
Isolating with family (27)
5.97%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (18)
3.98%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.41%
Loneliness (44)
9.73%
Financial worries (15)
3.32%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.73%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (45)
9.96%

Watched Threads