Need some advice on what to choose after GCSES Watch

Anonymous919
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m stating college in September and I’ve decided to do a levels in maths Chem bio and 1 more if I drop bio. Firstly, I’m quite interested in optometry and working in a spec savers, is this good pay ? And will I be able to get here without getting a degree and without doing biology a level? Also would there be an easier way to get a good job here than a levels? Secondly, what other good pay careers are there based on my a level choices
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can get into optometry with the foundation year offered by City
queen.m
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Biology is not significant - even some medical schools don't require them but do your research first. Go online and look at different entry requirements for each university.
You can do other careers such as the vocational ones (medicine, dentistry, vet med) or reseach (pharmacology, biomedical sciences) or engineering (biomedical engineering).
There is so much out there just go and look at courses on university websites. Double-check the entry requirements before confirming your a-level choices!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.38%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.49%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.25%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.04%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.65%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.19%