A career in engineering! Help Watch

Aragon23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi i am a recent graduate with a BA in Geography & History. Halfway through university, I discovered that I have a real interest in mechanics behind the use of satellites. I have used some remote sensing within my geo course. I want to further my career in this sector/ or in environmental engineering. Do you think it would be worth going back to college to obtain a Mathematics A level before i start my MSc in September 2019?
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's the MSc in?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Aragon23
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Student-95)
What's the MSc in?
I wish to do my masters in either Sustainable or Environmental engineering
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aragon23)
I wish to do my masters in either Sustainable or Environmental engineering
If you secured entry with your current qualifications then redoing an A-level isn't necessary. If you are concerned about your maths knowledge, you could always self study relevant topics. Do you know how much maths those courses involve?
Aragon23
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Smack)
If you secured entry with your current qualifications then redoiTng an A-level isn't necessary. If you are concerned about your maths knowledge, you could always self study relevant topics. Do you know how much maths those courses involve?The
The majority of courses require a decent A level Maths grade. I havent got this A level. I aim to take a some time out and focusing on getting this A level, however i cant afford this and will be unable to complete it.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Aragon23)
The majority of courses require a decent A level Maths grade. I havent got this A level. I aim to take a some time out and focusing on getting this A level, however i cant afford this and will be unable to complete it.
Looks like your only option is self-studying the more relevant topics then. Fortunately there are lots of resources available on the internet for free to go over the material. If you want to purchase a book, Engineering Maths (and the Advanced version) by Stroud are commonly recommended.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%