Dye Light Yellow Colour (5)
4.42%
Highlight Brown-Gold Colout (40)
35.4%
Dye Brown-Gold Colour (10)
8.85%
Remain Black Colour (39)
34.51%
Others[Please Stat The Other Colour] (13)
11.5%
x Kelly x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just asking whether does red slices highlight fit my hairstyle after combing? Is it really that much different that it is not suitable anymore after combing?

Highlights will be good for when you have your hair combed, but im not sure about it before combing, but that might be becuase i don't really like highlights, when they're growing out they look awful, you get your natural colour coming through really bad and doesnt look nice. But becuase slices go under a layer I don't know whether they would look good spiked, i think they will but im not 100% sure. I'll see if i can find them pictures again

our time zones are so much different as i need to wait till night time for your further respond >.<""

awww sorry. Is it like 8 pm where you are?

haha. to be frank, i do not have gf before. I have never even touch a girl's hand except for my mum and sis.

I'm confused by this.. what do you mean? lol
lineage13888
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by x Kelly x)
just asking whether does red slices highlight fit my hairstyle after combing? Is it really that much different that it is not suitable anymore after combing?

Highlights will be good for when you have your hair combed, but im not sure about it before combing, but that might be becuase i don't really like highlights, when they're growing out they look awful, you get your natural colour coming through really bad and doesnt look nice. But becuase slices go under a layer I don't know whether they would look good spiked, i think they will but im not 100% sure. I'll see if i can find them pictures again

our time zones are so much different as i need to wait till night time for your further respond >.<""

awww sorry. Is it like 8 pm where you are?

haha. to be frank, i do not have gf before. I have never even touch a girl's hand except for my mum and sis.

I'm confused by this.. what do you mean? lol
i am in asia-GMT+8
erm... the last statement means that i dun have girlfriend now or in the past.
so hightlights under layer will get odd when my hair grows longer? is that what u mean?
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lineage13888)
i am in asia-GMT+8
erm... the last statement means that i dun have girlfriend now or in the past.
so hightlights under layer will get odd when my hair grows longer? is that what u mean?
I'm still confused on why you're telling me that, was it just a general thing to say lol.
wooow, so its quarter past 9 where you are.
no. sorry. right...

slices are chunky random bits of red hair dye
highlights are strips of hair dye, they are normally a rough distant apart.

I think on your hair, slices would look really good when not combed, but im not 100% sure if they will look as good when your hair is combed

I also think on your hair, highlights would look really good when combed, but becuase highlights are generally put on the top layer aswell, when the highlights are getting old and growing out, you will get your roots coming through and they don't look nice in my opinion.

Does that make any more sense?

sorry im confusing you
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dark red or light brown IMO
lineage13888
I'm still confused on why you're telling me that, was it just a general thing to say lol.
wooow, so its quarter past 9 where you are.
no. sorry. right...

slices are chunky random bits of red hair dye
highlights are strips of hair dye, they are normally a rough distant apart.

I think on your hair, slices would look really good when not combed, but im not 100% sure if they will look as good when your hair is combed

I also think on your hair, highlights would look really good when combed, but becuase highlights are generally put on the top layer aswell, when the highlights are getting old and growing out, you will get your roots coming through and they don't look nice in my opinion.

Does that make any more sense?

sorry im confusing you
just a general thing to say. actually i just said for fun ^.^
a bit confuse but maybe you can just jump to a conclusion >.<"
erm.....anyway i normally do not comb my hair when i go to lecture. i only comb when i go to shopping mall or the cinema because it is quite troublesome. The shortest time i need to make that hair is 10 min. 10 min AT LEAST .

until this point of time, the poll result indicates that "remain black" and "highlight gold-brown" seems to be leading.

maybe there isn't a colour that suit both my hairstyle.... sad... sad...
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just a general thing to say. actually i just said for fun ^.^
a bit confuse but maybe you can just jump to a conclusion >.<"
erm.....anyway i normally do not comb my hair when i go to lecture. i only comb when i go to shopping mall or the cinema because it is quite troublesome. The shortest time i need to make that hair is 10 min. 10 min AT LEAST .

until this point of time, the poll result indicates that "remain black" and "highlight gold-brown" seems to be leading.

maybe there isn't a colour that suit both my hairstyle.... sad... sad...
Ok this is a guy with slices in. The colour is under a layer of his hair so you can't see the whole length of the colour just random bits. Whereas highlights are literalyl strips of colour on the top of the hair.

Conclusion!!! lol.

From what you have told me, you should get dark red slices... so.... take the pictures you've put on here, the combed and uncombed, to your hairdresser and say to them "Do you think dark red slices would look good in my hair. I have my hair spiked some days and left natural other days." and then see what she/he says. But i personally think you should have dark red slices put in your hair. I've just thought, slices will look perfectly fine in your hair either way.

When your hair is combed, the spikes will have red dye on and the dye will be put randomly rather than in a pattern. When your hair is uncombed, you will be able to see half the length of colour.

I cant find them pictures. Ill have a go at drawing them on paint lol
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i cant draw on paint, it looks really bad

I can't explain it any other way sorry

I think you should just go to your hairdressers and ask if they think red slices would look good in your hair, when it is combed and when it is not combed. They'll know best
lineage13888
Ok this is a guy with slices in. The colour is under a layer of his hair so you can't see the whole length of the colour just random bits. Whereas highlights are literalyl strips of colour on the top of the hair.

Conclusion!!! lol.

From what you have told me, you should get dark red slices... so.... take the pictures you've put on here, the combed and uncombed, to your hairdresser and say to them "Do you think dark red slices would look good in my hair. I have my hair spiked some days and left natural other days." and then see what she/he says. But i personally think you should have dark red slices put in your hair. I've just thought, slices will look perfectly fine in your hair either way.

When your hair is combed, the spikes will have red dye on and the dye will be put randomly rather than in a pattern. When your hair is uncombed, you will be able to see half the length of colour.

I cant find them pictures. Ill have a go at drawing them on paint lol
>.<"" maybe you can find a picture of hair which u can actually draw on it
erm.... i find that you seems to be very confident i will look good if i get my dark red slices despite comb or not.

haha, i think your suggestion may work wonders. ^.^
lineage13888
i cant draw on paint, it looks really bad

I can't explain it any other way sorry

I think you should just go to your hairdressers and ask if they think red slices would look good in your hair, when it is combed and when it is not combed. They'll know best
nvm, it doesn't matter as well. effort is appreciated.

well can u tell me what is this kind of dying?

it seems like gold in black and black in gold. it seems to be impossible to get this effect in saloon as this pic shows an artist.
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is someone who has black hair with red highlights. Can you see how the red is on the TOP layer? This is highlights NOT slices

If she had slices you wouldn't be able to see the red on the top of her head, you would see red under a layer, so its no so visible as this is
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nvm, it doesn't matter as well. effort is appreciated.

well can u tell me what is this kind of dying?

it seems like gold in black and black in gold. it seems to be impossible to get this effect in saloon as this pic shows an artist.
She will have had blonde highlights put in, then brown, maybe more blonde, shes gone to the salon quite a fre times and had more and more colours put in, which is why her hair doesnt seem to have one main colour. Does that make sense?
also, that picture will have been taken a while after she had the final colours done, so they have faded abit. When you get a colour done the 1st time they will be quite bright, but they will fade, and if you want them to fade you can wash your hair in fairy liquid, but thats another story for another time
lineage13888
She will have had blonde highlights put in, then brown, maybe more blonde, shes gone to the salon quite a fre times and had more and more colours put in, which is why her hair doesnt seem to have one main colour. Does that make sense?
i am afraid is a "he". what is blond(poor english)?

i do get what u mean by dark red slices but so far i haven't seen any guys with red slices. you have shown me girl's photo with dark red slices only.

maybe can you help me in deciding whether to choose gold-brown(poll result negelecting "remain black" as i want to try dying) or dark red slices(your idea)
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't really have much useful input, but I have to say, your hair in the first post is fairly awesome.
lineage13888
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
I don't really have much useful input, but I have to say, your hair in the first post is fairly awesome.
thanks....
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i am afraid is a "he". what is blond(poor english)?

i do get what u mean by dark red slices but so far i haven't seen any guys with red slices. you have shown me girl's photo with dark red slices only.

maybe can you help me in deciding whether to choose gold-brown(poll result negelecting "remain black" as i want to try dying) or dark red slices(your idea)
Oh sorry, i onyl glanced quickly lol

Blonde is a whitish colour like this.

Can't you change your poll, or start a new thread and ask whether people think red slices or gold-brown.

I personally think that 1) it is your first time in dying your hair so if you have slices then it won't be a really big change, so if you don't like it, it won't be as bad. But if you dye ALL your hair one colour, if you don't like it, you'll feel worse. and 2) having slices in your hair will look really good, i think it will look better than having just one colour. 3) was you thinking of gold-brown slices or dying all of your hair gold-brown?
lineage13888
Oh sorry, i onyl glanced quickly lol

Blonde is a whitish colour like this.

Can't you change your poll, or start a new thread and ask whether people think red slices or gold-brown.

I personally think that 1) it is your first time in dying your hair so if you have slices then it won't be a really big change, so if you don't like it, it won't be as bad. But if you dye ALL your hair one colour, if you don't like it, you'll feel worse. and 2) having slices in your hair will look really good, i think it will look better than having just one colour. 3) was you thinking of gold-brown slices or dying all of your hair gold-brown?
1) erm...... i can't change the poll. starting a new thread isn't appropriate i guess as same matter is discussed.
2) having more than one type of colour slices is better i guess but the main problem is how many types of colour and what colour slices i got to choose.
3) will dark red and gold-brown slices contradict each other if i have them both on my hair?
4) i don't like whole head in one colour. i normally prefer slices
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i cant believe a man can worry this much about his hair!

you should be a woman!
lineage13888
(Original post by Peter North)
i cant believe a man can worry this much about his hair!

you should be a woman!
giving birth can be a pain. i rather be a man. maybe we have culture different. here we are quite concern about hair. however western people seems to be better in dying their hair in a fashion way.
x Kelly x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1) erm...... i can't change the poll. starting a new thread isn't appropriate i guess as same matter is discussed.
2) having more than one type of colour slices is better i guess but the main problem is how many types of colour and what colour slices i got to choose.
3) will dark red and gold-brown slices contradict each other if i have them both on my hair?
4) i don't like whole head in one colour. i normally prefer slices
1) you could "Ask a mod" to change the poll for you, or start a new one.
2) In my opinion you should have just red and black. The gold-brown with red might go ginger in sun.
3)answered in number 2
4) I agree with you, i think slices do look really nice.

I think you should get red slices put in your natural hair colour. So you end up with black hair with red slices
lineage13888
1) you could "Ask a mod" to change the poll for you, or start a new one.
2) In my opinion you should have just red and black. The gold-brown with red might go ginger in sun.
3)answered in number 2
4) I agree with you, i think slices do look really nice.

I think you should get red slices put in your natural hair colour. So you end up with black hair with red slices
1)who is the mod?
2) you pratically answered everything but i still hesitating whether to get red-black slices or gold-brown-black slices cause i feel guy is really nice looking.

erm.... try not to forget i am Asian which is very much different from westerners
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads