Why are bus drivers so **** in the UK? Watch

naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I go into town, miss one stop where I was going to get off before town but then theres loads of other stops, he just will not budge and refuses to stop at any of them, so I have to go all the way into town.

Then on the way back, I stop a bus and ask if he's going to the hospital, he grunts 'no' straight away and presses the button which nearly closes the doors right on me, I have to jump out of the way.

Miserable *******s.
nothingspek
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't care about the bus drivers, it's the other people on the buses, especially the morons who plays ridiculously loud music at the back.
Tinkerbee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To be fair, if I was a bus driver I'd be an arse as well.
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont know why they have to be so miserable but i sure as hell wish they would be nice. I always say thankyou and please to them and get buggar all back. grrrr

and chavs at the back with there music on phones.
Makes me glad I have a car now lol
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha this reminds me of what happened on Friday when I was on the bus. A lady missed the stop where she was meant to get off and she ended up missing several other stops. Finally when the bus stopped she got off, she started shouting "OI TOSSER". She punched the front door, got her phone out, took a picture of the bus driver (and number plate) and gave him the finger :laugh:.

The bus driver was quite an old man and just responded with a "Surprised your camera didn't smash love".

The whole bus couldn't stop laughing.
tis_me_lord
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Haha this reminds me of what happened on Friday when I was on the bus. A lady missed the stop where she was meant to get off and she ended up missing several other stops. Finally when the bus stopped she got off, she started shouting "OI TOSSER". She punched the front door, got her phone out, took a picture of the bus driver (and number plate) and gave him the finger :laugh:.

The bus driver was quite an old man and just responded with a "Surprised your camera didn't smash love".

The whole bus couldn't stop laughing.
Angel dust is a great album!
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Angel dust is a great album!
Greatest album of the 90s. :cool:
Melly West
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ugh I HATE the way you get on and two seconds later the bus just lurches forward! It's like they get a kick out of making people almost trip over.

Once the git did it and this old man (who had just stood up to get off at the next stop) fell over he was ok but I've never seen anyone look as guilty as the bus driver did haha.
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've had the same experience, and the opposite.
I was wanting to go into town on a sunday, so the busses are every 2 hours. I waited at the bus stop for ages, finally a bus came, i stood up to get on and he drove straight past! I was carrying my xBox as well, the bulky old ones, so i had to walk 3 miles carrying an xBox when i was 13 :|

Another time i missed the bus because i was just crossing the road from my house as it came around the corner, so i had to run after it, but the Driver could see me running after it, so he stopped and waited for me. That made me happy

So yeah, each bus driver is different.
Lolaface
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
theyve been worse now in london since the oyster card crackdown =|
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
you guys are so unfair. Bus driver are only doing their job. They dont mean to trip you up when they start driving off once you got off. I have been pissed off by a few of them that didnt stop when i called, doen't mean all of them are evil.

And if chavs are the back bother you so much why dont you just ask them to cut the music?
squid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sulk)
you guys are so unfair. Bus driver are only doing their job. They dont mean to trip you up when they start driving off once you got off. I have been pissed off by a few of them that didnt stop when i called, doen't mean all of them are evil.

And if chavs are the back bother you so much why dont you just ask them to cut the music?
Have fun in hospital.
brightxburns
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wouldn't you be moody too, if you were a bus driver?
Officer Dibble
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They never do anything especially rude to me tbh, they're just never polite. Customer service is definitely not in their job description...
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lolaface)
theyve been worse now in london since the oyster card crackdown =|
Fair dos to the drivers, I think. I support checking oyster cards and being rigorous about paying your fare. The reason the fares go up so much every year is because people aren't paying and, on the bendy buses at least, sneak on through the back doors. It's a vicious cycle I guess, but I loathe people who wheedle the driver when they don't have the fare and then get angry at the driver for not letting them on. Call me a cad, but I feel satisfied when the undercover TfL conductors find fare-dodgers.
HenrySJA
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Most bus drivers in Cornwall are moody *******s. Why do they just grunt at you?
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
Have fun in hospital.
So if you people just take it it's because your scared?
I cant believe that kind of attitude. I always told them to cut their music off and most of the time they have stopped and when they told me to shut up i actually started making such a fuss that everyone in the bus was asking them to stop so i would shut up.
squid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sulk)
So if you people just take it it's because your scared?
I cant believe that kind of attitude. I always told them to cut their music off and most of the time they have stopped and when they told me to shut up i actually started making such a fuss that everyone in the bus was asking them to stop so i would shut up.
The people that are idiotic enough to sit at the back of the bus playing music on their poor quality phone whilst not thinking of others aren't the sort of people to comply what a 16 year old requests are they? Sure they might not stab, but theres very little chance of them actually turning it off is there?

Best to ignore it.
lottie123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Once a bus driver wouldn't let me get on his bus because he said I wasn't from around the area and that it was illegal to let me on!! I was like WTF?!?! The stupid thing was this was in my home town! On the contrary some bus drivers are very nice, especially ones who let you have child tickets even when you've been honest and asked for a regular ticket!
Metal_Gear
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
On the road bus drivers are awful. Once I was in the car with my dad and one cut him up really badly. When we got to the lights, my dad pulled up next to him, opened the window and had a go at him. All the guy would say in return is "I don't care mate, it's not my bus. But that is your car!"

I can see why they hate their jobs, but their actions on the road borderline callous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads