?
Report 11 years ago
I hate the ones who don't let me get away with child fare :p:
username181178
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really hate the college bus driver for the journey home.
Whilst driving a double-decker bus, he talks on his mobile phone, listens to hardcore rave music, and speeds. Like, he goes way over the speed limit. There's a road that the college bus goes down and it's the national speed limit... but for a double decker? It's a generally straight road, but there's a bend in it, and he nearly ended up on the other side of the road once
And he nearly knocked some cyclists off their bikes... Hmm.

Ah well, I only need to get on that bus once more and then never again. Thank god!

I always try to be polite to bus drivers though, no matter how grumpy they are.
roots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
noone grows up wanting to be a bus driver its one of those respectable consolation jobs like delivering the post, so course there going to be **** they dont give a ****
vex44
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by roots)
noone grows up wanting to be a bus driver its one of those respectable consolation jobs like delivering the post, so course there going to be **** they dont give a ****
Yea, maybe they wanted to be limo drivers, you know, aim high and all that stuff, and then realised their beer bellies wouldnt fit, so made do with being bus drivers!

On another note, before, I always used to here people say "thanks dave" whenever they left the bus, and after a few times I started thinkin WTF, every single bus i go on, the drivers called Dave :confused: So I let it carry on for a few weeks, listening to people say "Thanks Dave" as they left, then decided to ask one of them how many Daves there are in the bus driving industry lol! Then the driver made it clear they were saying Thanks Drive not Thanks dave :eek: ....I can never take the 9A from city centre no more, ohhhh the shame!
roots
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the thanks drive thing was probably driving the driver mad, you probably reminded him he was also human and was capable of laughing or smiling at least
sandettielightvessel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Depends on the company I've found - also remember that pay peanuts and get monkeys. For quite a responsible job (eg safety of 80 people, cash handling etc) £5.50 is rather low - hence the companies who pay that will get the crap staff. And to be fair, they do get a lot of crap off passengers - from the neds smoking at the back, to the OAP who whinges that they have to pay because it's before 9am. The worst drivers I've found, as a whole, are with Firstgroup - the best with LRT Lothian.

Of course there's no excuse for smoking, phones etc - if this happens, take the drivers name, or get the number of the bus and the time (as in the *bus* number, not the *route* number) and submit a complaint.
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by squid)
I hate that so much.
I walk around alone sometimes and i always make sure I'm friendly to old people, like, don't purposefully look intimidating and smile, but all i ever get is angryness back, it's annoying.

However, i was walking home from school a while back with some friends and this old man walked past and he said something like, "Keep your hair like that, any girl will be jealous!" and it just made me laugh and realise how old people can actually be nice, when they're not ****ting bricks about you wanting to stab them.

But yeah, we can thank society for giving the wrong impression of teenagers.

I know, at work some old people are horrible to me and that i get a really nice one that makes up for it. They assume we're all thugs :rolleyes:
BeautifullyTragic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was on one once and the driver missed ALL the stops, about 4 of them from one town to another, because he couldn't hear the bell. Everyone was annoyed lol
ahoy_there_matey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sulk)
ignoring it is agreeing with it. And i just can't leave these people be. And if someone says something, other people that are being disturbed will back them up.

What do you lose in asking???

and thinking about it wouldn't you be grumpy to have to put up with these kind of people in your bus if you were a bus driver.
personally i wouldnt ask them to turn it down or off, i've been mugged and assaulted in the past at bustops, and in my area, you only have to look at someone and you get stabbed...i mean i looked at someone and then got punched in the face and my phone taken..and it wasnt even a dirty look!!! im only like 5ft so it really wouldnt be wise for a little person like me to ask them to do stuff...yeah for some people its ok but its all personal choice
Sulk
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ahoy_there_matey)
personally i wouldnt ask them to turn it down or off, i've been mugged and assaulted in the past at bustops, and in my area, you only have to look at someone and you get stabbed...i mean i looked at someone and then got punched in the face and my phone taken..and it wasnt even a dirty look!!! im only like 5ft so it really wouldnt be wise for a little person like me to ask them to do stuff...yeah for some people its ok but its all personal choice
lol, well im not very tall either, i am a girl and i look like one but i got into many fights and i would be scared to start again, but i guess if your scared you should just shut up and live with it... personally id rather get beaten up than shutting up.
mkeillor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Because the weather is typically ****?
deadwing
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
I go into town, miss one stop where I was going to get off before town but then theres loads of other stops, he just will not budge and refuses to stop at any of them, so I have to go all the way into town.

Then on the way back, I stop a bus and ask if he's going to the hospital, he grunts 'no' straight away and presses the button which nearly closes the doors right on me, I have to jump out of the way.

Miserable *******s.
I agree so much. Oh, I could rant for days about public transport... :mad:
Feef
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hm, most of the bus drivers around where I grew up (south east) were ok, if a little uncommunicative. that said, I almost never used buses anyway, as they all linked little villages to the town I lived in.

Up in Scotland, I've actually found most of them really nice. A few times in Edinburgh I've been unsure where my stop is, and the driver always offers to give me a shout when we arrive at it. Another time, a group of us getting a bus back from a friend's house accidentally got given childrens' tickets, the driver just laughed and let us on anyway. Didn't expect that any more as a beardy 21 year old

Ah well.
Floria
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tyraell)
I don't tend to use buses (peasants), but still - the drivers can be pretty silly.

I've been shouted at by bus drivers before. OK, so I had just gone outside to pick up some litter he threw out the door and then brought it back in the bus - but that's irrelevant! Stupid bus driver shouting at me.

AND I was on a bus the other day and some **** outside threw a brick at the window where me and a 9 year-old sister of a friend were sitting. Needless to say there was much diving and shouting and stuff... and to make it worse, the driver just kept on driving. Didn't even check if we were alright or acknowledge that a window had just shattered over the passengers. Hm... Maybe it was the one I peed off by picking up litter.
I see you're Basingstoke too, you know the buses here aren't so bad. at least the route I take isnt (5).

Only one time some woman randomly shouted and swore at a bus driver in the station and walked off??
Tyraell
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Floria)
I see you're Basingstoke too, you know the buses here aren't so bad. at least the route I take isnt (5).

Only one time some woman randomly shouted and swore at a bus driver in the station and walked off??
They're not, but I wanted to join in with my two experiences.

And you're a bit of a stalker :p: .... but I take the number 5 quite often too.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a workmate of mine was about to step out of the side door of the van, as a bus blasted past about a foot from the side of the van. the guy crapped himself and had the rest of the day off work. My dad reckoned the bus was doing about 40mph as it blasted past the door. they are dangerous drivers.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Haha this reminds me of what happened on Friday when I was on the bus. A lady missed the stop where she was meant to get off and she ended up missing several other stops. Finally when the bus stopped she got off, she started shouting "OI TOSSER". She punched the front door, got her phone out, took a picture of the bus driver (and number plate) and gave him the finger :laugh:.

The bus driver was quite an old man and just responded with a "Surprised your camera didn't smash love".

The whole bus couldn't stop laughing.
thats not actually even slightly funny, what a *****...
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like some of our local bus drivers! A while ago, I got on a bus in my school uniform, on my way to the orthodontist and the bus driver gave me a free ride cos he thought I was skiving. He was all "I remember when I was your age, you go and have some fun, love." He was lovely.
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All the female drivers that I have met - are very friendly.

Maybe its in their nature?
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lolaface)
theyve been worse now in london since the oyster card crackdown =|
Yeah, they can be really stupid about that. If you lose or have your oyster card stolen, you can't get on the bus at all. They don't accept the letter as proof that you've ordered for a new oyster card.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads