Why are bus drivers so **** in the UK? Watch

futurelawyer
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Miserable *******s, the lot of 'em. Hopefully I will never have to travel by bus again.
Martazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bus drivers up in Newcastle are usually quite canny
You only get the odd grumpy one every now and again
But I mean most of the time I think it doesn't help that quite a few people aren't polite to them
I always say thank you when I get off the bus, its the nice thing to do
Maybe I'm just sad
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
I go into town, miss one stop where I was going to get off before town but then theres loads of other stops, he just will not budge and refuses to stop at any of them, so I have to go all the way into town.

Then on the way back, I stop a bus and ask if he's going to the hospital, he grunts 'no' straight away and presses the button which nearly closes the doors right on me, I have to jump out of the way.

Miserable *******s.
Because they're not on 38k like truck drivers
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by zedbrar)
Yeah, they can be really stupid about that. If you lose or have your oyster card stolen, you can't get on the bus at all. They don't accept the letter as proof that you've ordered for a new oyster card.
Next time I pay for anything, anything at all, I show them my paycheck and tell them the money's on it's way to my bank account. Or if I lose my bank account card, I'll pay for my goods by telling the shop that a new one's on it's way and holding up the letter that says so...

A letter isn't proof at all; it requires identification, verification of the letter's veracity and is a lot more hassle for the driver than just to boot you out. The driver's nature is to be a jobsworth. My student oyster broke once and I tried to get on the bus using the slip given to you when you pay money onto the card - ie. proof of payment - but he was having none of it. Quite right too, although it pissed me off at the time.

Sorry, I am seriouscat and this is seriousthread. :p:
Occiffer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nothingspek)
I don't care about the bus drivers, it's the other people on the buses, especially the morons who plays ridiculously loud music at the back.
ahh reminds me of the bus i get sometimes, the smell of weed in the air, the sounds of mobile phones playing music, nothing better than having a full on party on the back of the 87 bus. woo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads