Speeding Ticket Watch

cameron2101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I’ve passed my test and have been driving almost a year, and on Thursday my second year of insurance starts. I just got sent a letter saying last week a van caught me doing 52 in a 40 (roadworks on A9). There’s nothing I can do to contest it, I definitely made a mistake without meaning to and have to face the consequences. I’ve looked online and I think this means 3 points and a £100 fine - is this correct? Also, do I need to notify my new insurers that I potentially have points and will this result in an increase in price (I’ve already paid off the year)? I’m going to uni in September to study medicine so is this something that will show up on my PVG/ do I need to tell anyone at uni this, will it affect my studies or anything? Also, how long will these points last? Will I be disqualified instantly (I’ve had to sent the police my details as the car is in my name)? Any help is really appreciated, I’m very scared and uncertain at this point
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Chip0605
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
as far as am concerned most universities don't care about your driving issues as it's nothing to do with them, as long as you don't get called into court or put in jail I wouldn't worry too much as after all it didn't happen on their campus and your in the course anyway so they can't throw you out for driving a little bit too fast on the A9. don't worry dude it will be okk however am not too sure about the rest of the stuff u mentioned soz
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cameron2101)
Hi,
I’ve passed my test and have been driving almost a year, and on Thursday my second year of insurance starts. I just got sent a letter saying last week a van caught me doing 52 in a 40 (roadworks on A9). There’s nothing I can do to contest it, I definitely made a mistake without meaning to and have to face the consequences. I’ve looked online and I think this means 3 points and a £100 fine - is this correct? Also, do I need to notify my new insurers that I potentially have points and will this result in an increase in price (I’ve already paid off the year)? I’m going to uni in September to study medicine so is this something that will show up on my PVG/ do I need to tell anyone at uni this, will it affect my studies or anything? Also, how long will these points last? Will I be disqualified instantly (I’ve had to sent the police my details as the car is in my name)? Any help is really appreciated, I’m very scared and uncertain at this point
You must declare it to your insurer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise