Why do you drink and get drunk? Watch

pitchy08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
For those of you who do drink and then get drunk...

What is the appeal behind it for you?

Is it simply to make life that bit more exciting with a short-term buzz or does it make you much more brimming with confidence and chatting to people you never normally would?

Is drinking and then being drunk simply about the buzz itself or just the benefits that come from being more relaxed and confident?
Dann
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sometimes for dutch courage, and very occasionally so I don't have to deal with things like exams, women, whatever. Quite frankly though, the majority of the time I get drunk it's just for kicks.
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's very relaxing and just feels good.
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't normally drink, but last night I went to a family friend's BBQ to celebrate her son becoming a doctor, and we tasted various champagnes all night to see which was best It surprised me in that it was really fun, but I was in the company of 4 middle-aged couples so it was a bit different to "going out on the razz" :p: I enjoyed being more relaxed, but I still wouldn't make it a regular occurrence
Rutter knows best!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i very rarely get really drunk and i mostly drink for the social aspect. i only get wasted if the night is a bore.
wildforwilde
Report 11 years ago
i do it to feel relaxed and confident. It's odd to think most of the friends i have now are through going out and drinking. A shallow way to gain friends but there we are. I think obviously as i get older it won't be such a part of my evenings out

But i think the binge culture for people in their middle 20's-30's could be looked on as a form of escapism from their day job routine. I know from working at a supermarket for a while the amount i felt i needed to get drunk multiplied!
glassheart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pitchy08)
For those of you who do drink and then get drunk...

What is the appeal behind it for you?

Is it simply to make life that bit more exciting with a short-term buzz or does it make you much more brimming with confidence and chatting to people you never normally would?

Is drinking and then being drunk simply about the buzz itself or just the benefits that come from being more relaxed and confident?
Precisely so.
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
More confidence and escapism. I don't get 'wasted' though.
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I drink to get drunk.
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
i like doing it?
pitchy08
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by dh00001)
i like doing it?
why though?:p:
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If I am having a really good night, then I will ease of the booze so I can enjoy it more (still drinking though). If the night is a load of rubbish, I hit the booze as hard as possible to make it seem more fun.
lynds81
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Because it is a good escape, because I love the warm fuzzy feeling, because I can use the "I was drunk" excuse for misbehaviour, and because alcohol is your friend
kayzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i drink and get drunk as it makes a night out that little bit more fun :yep:

i don't really drink wine with a meal or whatever if i'm drinking alcohol i'm planning to get wrecked, why just because i can really
Red Dust
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Terryw)
I drink to have fun, enjoy myself, entertain others and to be more sociable.
:ditto:
brockham
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yer i just drink to have fun, relax, forget about failing exams. etc.
I never drink to much though, people who are sick like every weekend i just think.. what is the point?

.... it also makes me better in bed as i last longer.
Boo_2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cos its fun!! I don't ever drown my sorrows or drink because I'm stressed... thats just not my way of coping with things.

Actually I hardly drink at all, coming to think about it.. Last time I was drunk was more than a month ago and that was the only time I've been properly pissed. I never have just one drink like a bacardi and coke in the daytime or on random ocacsions - if I drink at all then I drink a lot and thats cos its fun
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm rarely very drunk. To be honest, if I were doing it every weekend, I'd be bored stupid and probably ashamed of myself 99% of the time. Now and again it can be good fun and very companionable.
Crystaltears
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just because it's fun!
I drink for the buzz - the confidence is just a bonus!
WoWZa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's a whole lot of fun, it helps to relax and chill and can give you more confidence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.19%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.68%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.8%

Watched Threads