The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just for the buzz nowadays.
I think when I was younger and less confident I would take the first 'risk' in doing something I was scared of when drunk, then I'd feel 'able' to be less nervous and inhibited when sober the next time.
Reply 21
i drink to have a laugh n get smashed if im goin out for a big night sometimes but i usually like to be able to remember what iv done. unless sumin really stupid and embarrassing is done in which case i drink till all my problems drift away lol ow and if im stressed like after exams its nice to go out on a piss up. the best bit about gettin drunk is the 1st few times you do it and when it takes longer and longer to get pissed nt only is it less fun coz u constantly need the piss but u end up being sick to get as drunk as you use 2. its basically to giv some dutch courage and i find everything a lot funnier when drunk
More sociable, outgoing. I'm usually pretty quiet but drinking gives you a new social leash. Hangover's are never too great, though!
WoWZa
It's a whole lot of fun, it helps to relax and chill and can give you more confidence.

That's why i drink every once in a while.. i'm known to take life a bit too seriously most of the time. When drinking with company, i'm told i seem much happier and this then makes me unwind and feel happy with myself. For once. :cool: I don't get drunk though. Never have. Looks ******* awful and i never want to feel like that.

*sqwark* :parrot:
Reply 24
I find I can tolerate being in the company of idiots much more successfully if I'm drunk.
Reply 25
I don't really drink that much, sometimes just to get tipsy and be all wooaah and stuff.

People get drunk just to get the balls to approach girls, forget their problems and have fun easier although most of the times some people get ********* is because they can't control it, drink too fast or have an empty stomach
I like to get slightly tipsy, because it makes me let my guard down a bit, gives me more confidence and makes normal stuff become funny.

I don't get really wasted or anything,
I still like to be in control of my actions.
I find I can tolerate being in the company of idiots much more successfully if I'm drunk.

This. As well as...

The social aspect, though not in the sense personally that I’m not confident enough to talk to people etc without it; I am, and do however most (if not all) of my friends drink when we’re out, so being the only one not having a drink feels a bit stupid.

I don’t often go out of my way to get wasted…though I’m not opposed to it. Sometimes it happens. Not exactly a big deal.

And then there are the times when you think, we really need to get wasted.

Oh and I’d also say because I can handle my drink. Unlike a lot of people.

Good times.

Latest

Trending

Trending