How to look better? Watch

suzy2512
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't see any pictures, but if you're going to use make-up be careful not to go OTT - nothing worse than someone who looks caked in make-up (esp. foundation). Try using a liquid foundation, and use it just in the places you need it. If you have good skin you could opt for a little concealer and powder in the bits where you need it. Also as someone else said, getting eyebrows plucked/shaped usually makes a big difference to someone's face (although if you have never done it before i would recommend going to a professional to get the initial shape and then you can maintain it yourself thereafter).

If you don't want to wear a lot of make up you could just get some eyelash curlers, good mascara and some nice lip gloss (if you don't want heavy eye make up a little clear lip gloss on the eyelids/just below your eyebrows always looks good)
x Kelly x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
can i see a picture please?
Yasmin2K8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by goodLife)
Im wondering what could I do to look better? Im not naturally good looking like a lot of girls and am in my twenties . Most guys have said im minging and unattractive and despite wearing foundation I still look a mess lol. Sorry about the weird pics but what can I do? I definately don't want long hair. I don't want sympathy just honesty.
Cant see no pics.

But maybe you should think what you personally dont like about yourself or makes you look unpretty and try to enhance those features that you pull off well, rather than just trying random things
jodie_lee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by goodLife)
Thanks, how much foundation do you/most people use?
I just use a little. I have the Benefit one for no particular skin colour as I only wear it once/twice a week, if that. I just use my fingers/sponge to get a light covering of it.
goodLife
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Sorry, put them back up now.
goodLife
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by suzy2512)
I can't see any pictures, but if you're going to use make-up be careful not to go OTT - nothing worse than someone who looks caked in make-up (esp. foundation). Try using a liquid foundation, and use it just in the places you need it. If you have good skin you could opt for a little concealer and powder in the bits where you need it. Also as someone else said, getting eyebrows plucked/shaped usually makes a big difference to someone's face (although if you have never done it before i would recommend going to a professional to get the initial shape and then you can maintain it yourself thereafter).

If you don't want to wear a lot of make up you could just get some eyelash curlers, good mascara and some nice lip gloss (if you don't want heavy eye make up a little clear lip gloss on the eyelids/just below your eyebrows always looks good)
Thanks for all that!! I use concealer and a bit of foundation, it doesn't do much. I'l try what you said though.
juicyfruit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
still cant see them, where are they?
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Personal appearance is pretty much irrelevant, unless you've been exceedingly genetically disadvantaged (which you, like 99% of the population, have not).

Attractiveness really does lie in your personality and character, which shows through in the way you look if you're confident and relaxed enough to let it.
. sav .
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would let your hair grow a little longer so you can do more with it, vary it everyday - that always makes me feel better about myself when i'm feeling down!

I'd definately agree with the smiling thing that others have said, it will really brighten up your face and make someone else's day too

As for makeup and stuff... I didnt really wear any until 6th form and i still dont wear foundation and i'm going into my final year of my degree. I dont like the idea of it personally - makes me feel plastering a wall or something lol. I'd suggest to do what I did - go out and buy some real basics, they dont even have to be expensive - the Boots Natural Collections stuff is soft, subtle and inexpensive First off I bought a mascara, an eyeliner (black goes with everything...), and a couple of simple color eye shadows that went with the colours i wore most - blue and green. just experiment yourself when you're at home with nothing to do. There's loads of videos on how to do it on Youtube, just search "applying mascara" or whatever you're after.
Cattleman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As many have already said.. smile

If you still don't feel comfortable then consider plastic surgery.
linka1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dann)
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, youll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

<instrumental interlude>

Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying?
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Aww cute. You made me smile even if the ts aint yet
Lets get close...
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you look like u ready fite dawwg....
Riddy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Plastic surgery is a good option if you have the money.
Levity
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know much about make-up, but I think you could jazz your hair up a bit. If I were you I would get a longer, bigger side fridge, and then cut the rest of my hair shorter (I'd get the hairdresser to figure out the details...) Maybe like this: http://free-beauty-tips.glam.com/short-haircuts.html or bottom right (or even top left) here: http://kwonhong.x-y.net/bbs/data/pho...0173766301.jpg
I would also dye it a more full on colour, like maybe dark red or reddy brown.

Otherwise, eye liner is always good and you can use it to make your eyes stand out more. You seem to have a decent figure so there's not much to say body wise.

I think the main thing is the haircut.
Riddy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't know what you lot think but I think this haircut will suit her
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by WarmSound)
You're not that bad! There's plenty you can do. Your eyebrows look a bit shapeless so you could get them threaded by a professional, it's not expensive. I like the length of your hair and you have good skin so don't worry about those. Some good eye make up could really transform how you look, if you're not used to doing that kind of make up you could go to a beauty counter in a department store to see what a professional would do, or try watching online tutorials on youtube or videojug. Maybe try a peachy coloured blusher and stay away from harsh dark eye make up.
Threading? why not just for the good ol' wax?? Hair length is nice you should experiment with some clothes and maybe go to your hairdressing and ask her to help you define your own style! x
. sav .
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think thats a nice style but its fairly hard maintenence. I'd go longer so that on a day when you cant be bothered you can stick it up with minimal effort
avalanche
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You are good looking but you don't look good.
. sav .
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
STITCH! (sorry, i love lilo and stitch ...)

avalanche's point... tho slightly hard to swallow, has some foundation in that you have a lovely face and figure, but if you want to care more about how you look, just a couple of subtle things can make all the difference
Riddy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by avalanche)
You are good looking but you don't look good.
That makes no sense at all, Id say shes average looking in terms of facial features but the clothes could be better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads