University of exeter clearing accomodation Watch

heatherlysette
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering about what you do for accomodation in Exeter if you apply through clearing. I've had a look and all the private accomodation left is all incredibly expensive studios. Is there a chance I'd get accomodation via the uni? Has anyone else gone through clearing for Exeter and got accomodation?
marimonn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi i also got into exeter via clearing and am freaking out over accommodation, please let me know what you end up doing!!
Uni of Exeter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi both - are you undergraduate or postgraduate, international or a UK/EU students? Let me know and I will get back to you with some info. Don't panic! Things are a little unclear at the moment. Once we know the position with all offer-holders next week we will have a clearer picture as to what is available. We are planning on showing some available university accommodation at the Clearing event on Saturday 17th August for undergraduate students.
Karen
heatherlysette
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uni of Exeter)
Hi both - are you undergraduate or postgraduate, international or a UK/EU students? Let me know and I will get back to you with some info. Don't panic! Things are a little unclear at the moment. Once we know the position with all offer-holders next week we will have a clearer picture as to what is available. We are planning on showing some available university accommodation at the Clearing event on Saturday 17th August for undergraduate students.
Karen
I'm Undergraduate from the UK. Thank you! I was worrying that I wouldn't be able to get accomodation
Uni of Exeter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you visit this webpage http://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodatio...plications/#a0

It would seem that you can apply for accommodation if you have received an offer and accepted it:
"If the University was your insurance or clearing choice or you've received a place through adjustment, you can apply for accommodation once your offer is confirmed.

Please note - it can take up to two days for a firmly accepted offer to be transferred from Admissions to our accommodation system and therefore you will not be able to activate an accommodation account immediately. Please refer to the next set of drop-down options for details on how to apply.

How likely am I to be allocated University accommodation?
We do our best to house as many new students as possible. Priority will be given to students whose applications have been supported by our Wellbeing Services Team. After that, we consider each application in date order of receipt.

If you submit an application for accommodation, we will provide updates to you via email and will advise you by the beginning of September if we are able to offer you accommodation. Our Accommodation Blog also provides updates and between 12 August and 13 September we will be posting three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

The page also has instructions as to how to activate your accommodation account and submit your application post August 1st.

I suggest that you read everything carefully, make sure that you have done all they ask and keep in regular touch with the Accommodation office.
Good luck
Karen
marimonn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, I'm an undergraduate international student
Uni of Exeter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Marimonn - suggest that you give the accommodation office a call to find out if there is any difference from the advice above as you are an international student.

Contact us
We can be contacted via SID either online, by telephone (below) or in the Student Services Centre in the Forum between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday:

UK Tel: 0300 555 0444
International Tel: +44 1392 72 4724
Email: [email protected]

If you are a registered student or applicant please quote your University of Exeter student number (ID number). This number is nine digits long and starts with a five or six.

Karen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads