How many of you have cheated in an exam? Watch

Reltub
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rufus_da_bear)
iv written M, F and C on my fingers on my left hand for flemmings left hand rule. i have a problem with it, never get it right.
Just think of
The (T - Thrust)
Football (F-Field)
Club (C - Current)
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Never in a proper exam.
K!&[email protected]
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would never cheat, it's pointless...I'd rather get a D with my integrity still intact than an A that's tainted with guilt.
DisgruntledMoth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't imagine feeling guilty for something like cheating in an exam. I suppose I'm evil or something. But hey, I don't regard education highly.

Getting caught though... in year 5 I had a list of numbers for a multiplication test, and my teacher just suddenly took it off my desk, glared at me, and hated me for the rest of the year. Put me right off.
Irrelevance
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
GCSE German controlled coursework, loads of people cheated by writing their essay on a small piece of paper which fit inside their dictionary

I didn't, in fact, i've never cheated in a real exam. I'm rather surprised so many have
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ukazi-TazZy)
How many of you have cheated in any exam?
and how did you do it?

I tend to write notes and formulas on my calculator for maths but thats about it

and on my hand in some cases.
well, i never cheated on a MAJOR exam, like the SAT or AP tests...but i did cheat regularly on english grammar tests....as a dyslexic, knowing when something is a predicate nominative vs. a whatever is not only torture, it's next to impossible :p:

so, count me in!
Mantha
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Charlurr)
Yehhhhh, I wouldnt particularly own up to any of that when exam boards browse these forums...
Woah? :eek:
Katiee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i cheated in class loads of times

like for essays
wrote the essay at home
then switched it before handing it in

i'd be too scared to in a real exam anyway
we have loads of invigilators

they glare at you if you even look up as if your cheating
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
well, i never cheated on a MAJOR exam, like the SAT or AP tests...but i did cheat regularly on english grammar tests....as a dyslexic, knowing when something is a predicate nominative vs. a whatever is not only torture, it's next to impossible :p:

so, count me in!
Does being dyslexic affect the processing of grammar? I thought it was mainly letter order, but I'm hardly well-informed.
harkyb
Report 11 years ago
No ones gona admit they have cheated in a real exam...Everyones repeating that they've cheated in class room exams, but wouldnt in real ones..

THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anony mouse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am surprised by the number of people who seem to think that cheating in an important exam is pointless. Of course there's a point to cheating!

Cheating is rife everywhere in the world. Cheating goes on in sports, business, and even politics. If cheating were pointless, it would not be so widespread.

The only time when there is no point in cheating is when you are doing a practice exam in order to test your own readiness.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Does being dyslexic affect the processing of grammar? I thought it was mainly letter order, but I'm hardly well-informed.
letter order, grammatical order, number order, sound order when speaking...

there are many many ways dyslexia can manifest itself, those are just a few.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldnt want to risk getting caught
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have in classroom tests in my old high school (I attended two, graduated from the second one), but never on major exams.
steve2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
our exams officer told us some guy in another school during his exam took a photo of the paper, emailed it, then got the answers and then got caught. Talk about stupid
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Squares)
if the exam boards are reading this, i firmly believe that no one should be allowed to go to the toilets during an exam that is 1.5 hours long. so you either go to the toilet beforehand...or be suspected. unless they have diahorrea (i.e. a case where they can get longer time as they will be in the toilet for a long time) or a medical condition that requires them to be exemplified from that.

What about girls with very heavy periods? Doctors won't write notes for it, as they have no definate proof of it.

And a 1.5 hour exam plus all the bits before and after can get closer to 2 hours.
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just to clarify about exam board representatives browsing these forums, it DOES happen. And you CAN get caught (speaking from experience).
You may think "oh it's only a forum, no one would know who I am", with the right information in your profile, you can be traced. For example many of you have your school name for "Where you study", and maybe your name in your profile. All the exam board then need to do is send a letter to the school (as what happened to me) with your name. They will most probably know what course you may be cheating in (based on what/where you have posted) and that narrows it down to a few people who may have the same name doing your course. If your username is also a known nickname at your school then I suppose that can help to identify you.
So be careful what you write, it only takes a bit of info to identify you.

(Just in case you're wondering, I didn't strictly speaking cheat. Some leaked data files for an ICT exam were posted on here and I was involved in a discussion regarding the files and exam. The exam board wrote a letter to my school, with the information needed to identify me, and I had to provide a statement to the exam board. I was sh** scared of getting DQd)
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anony mouse)
I am surprised by the number of people who seem to think that cheating in an important exam is pointless. Of course there's a point to cheating!

Cheating is rife everywhere in the world. Cheating goes on in sports, business, and even politics. If cheating were pointless, it would not be so widespread.

The only time when there is no point in cheating is when you are doing a practice exam in order to test your own readiness.
Although I've never cheated, I have to say, this is a really good point.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
only in my SAT's about 10 years ago... :P
dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anony mouse)

Sure, prevalence of cheating suggests that there is some point to it, i.e. a motivation or motivations. That such a point exists doesn't make cheating right.

In answer to the question, never. Word of advice: If you do get away with cheating in exams, don't ever try cheating at work. I just wouldn't be comfortable working with people who take cheating so lightly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (111)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.3%
Not great so far... (225)
35.71%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise