How many of you have cheated in an exam? Watch

mikeywang
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
well for gsce rs i wrote down where certain passages in bible were from like luke 20:2 verse 4 on my hand.

for A-levels its usually writing stuff down on my rubber, but the downside is that the stuff doesnt rub off, so u have to use a knife to get rid of what u wrote after the exam.

also, inscribing formulaes on the back of my calculator. for this u need 2 calcilators, 1 to inscribe on, the other for exams where u dont need the formulaes u inscribed.

also, stood up once in an exam and looked at the answers of the guy in front of me. there was only 5 of us doing an exam and i was sitting at the end of the coloumn and there was 1 inviligalotar but he was busy reading a book and had his back to us. way to easy to cheat in that instance.

also, in some exams we're sat so close to each other, its impossible not to see what the person next to u wrote, so done that a couple of times.

but its cheating in stupid school tests thats my forte.

but ppl have been caught. one guy accidently handed in his cheat notes with his exam and got disqualified.
another dropped his cheat notes as he was getting out of his chair at the end of the test and he got disqualified.
but one guy, unluckily for him, brought in the formulae booklet we get given in school for maths without realising that we wud be given one in the test. he left it under his desk and even though he didnt cheat and didnt have any intention of cheating, he got docked UMS.
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ahh in my exam I noticed i'd written crap on my rubber like random 'to-do' lists and then got paranoid they were going to think those words actually meant something and scrap my marks :/
silly things like i'd be watching an advert and think oo I should buy that and write it on my rubber (yeah i'm a victim to the media :rolleyes:)
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I had been revising in the morning for one of my uni exams and accidently put the piece of paper in my pocket as I was in a rush for the exam. Didn't realise it was there until I was looking for my rubber in the exam.

It was relevant as there was a question about it, only worth 5 marks.

So when the exam hall was nearly empty towards the end I pulled it out and had a little look. Didn't get much of it done though, maybe 2 or 3 marks? And I might have wrote the wrong answer down anyway. Not going to make much of a difference but if I pass by a mark or two I'll let you know!
benwellsday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
aa
katie668
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No i have never cheated. What is the point incase you get court?
bobx2001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I all seriousness this thread should have been locked 148 posts ago.
Meep!
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not only is it REALLY stupid to cheat in an exam, but even MORE stupid to admit to it on the internet, especially on a well known student forum.

Having said that, I once copied the genitive of something off my friend in a 1st form Latin test. I was terrified I was going to get caught, and get detention or something. Isn't being 11 great!
mikeywang
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by benwellsday)
The chemistry exam tommorow is tempting me though, I can't remember the colours of different oxidation states, so I was thinking of colouring in the numbers on my calculator to match the oxidation state.
thats a good idea, i'll give that a go.

plus, for those of u who say we cudnt say stuff like this here, how is anyone going to track us down? Most ppl dont even use their real names here and most havent even put down what school they go to. If u dont noe who the person is, or where they're from its kinda hard to track em down dont u think.

Also, even if they read this and crack down on how ppl cheat next year, i cudnt care less cos it wont affect me or most of u either. :cool:
Danlelle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
people talk about it but never actually do it...you risk being disqualified from that subject and maybe even the rest of your subjects. not worth it.
ToxicMuppet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No i haven't... nor has my 'friend'... :P

I have cheated in Law end of unit tests in-class but only just enought to not get me in trouble. The bare cheek of a girl who cheats and gets full marks! i mean what, than she sits there "yeah yeah i revised for hours" skank! :P

Btw didn't Roy keene or whatever his name in get done for writing in his auotbiography that he meant to injury a player? funny if some of you got your results annulled.
jonjoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
some boy said he did it in business exam in january, like writing ratios on his calculator but they didnt come up in the exam and he got a U, silly ****.
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
ahh in my exam I noticed i'd written crap on my rubber like random 'to-do' lists and then got paranoid they were going to think those words actually meant something and scrap my marks :/
silly things like i'd be watching an advert and think oo I should buy that and write it on my rubber (yeah i'm a victim to the media :rolleyes:)
In my GCSE Maths paper, I went through at the end of noted down all the marks I had definately lost (as I couldn't do the questions) so I could later see if I even should the slightest chance of getting an A* (which I didn't). As I went through in the last few minutes, I put the numbers on my rubber so I could look and add them up to see. Then I freaked that they would think I had cheated so I was there frantically trying to rub away the pencil numbers lol. It was so stressful.

In terms of actually cheating in an exam. No I haven't. Nor would I. I don't see the point - firstly because if you get caught you are in a mess and secondly because I would always feel like I didn't deserve the mark I got. Honesty is best.
Mokert23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A technique I have heard is good.

You get a single a4 sheet of paper and write down all your notes on it, fold it up neatly and put it in your pocket. During the exam after you have written your first page, slot it in there (this must be discreet and is the hardest part. After this point you just have to monitor the invigiltors and constantly flick back to the notes (just looks like your read reading the question).

The second hardest part is getting it back in the pocket. Now wearing a tracksuit bottom he has a slight hole in the bottom of the pocket so the notes will fall all the way to the bottom of his leg. Even if he/she is asked to empty the pockets there will be no trace.

*I do not endorse his action in any way
** I accept no liability for this technique being used
***I have not personally tried this tecnique
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
In my GCSE Maths paper, I went through at the end of noted down all the marks I had definately lost (as I couldn't do the questions) so I could later see if I even should the slightest chance of getting an A* (which I didn't). As I went through in the last few minutes, I put the numbers on my rubber so I could look and add them up to see. Then I freaked that they would think I had cheated so I was there frantically trying to rub away the pencil numbers lol. It was so stressful.
lol yeah! and :ottid:

(Original post by affinity89)
In terms of actually cheating in an exam. No I haven't. Nor would I. I don't see the point - firstly because if you get caught you are in a mess and secondly because I would always feel like I didn't deserve the mark I got. Honesty is best.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mokert23)
*I do not endorse his action in any way
** I accept no liability for this technique being used
***I have not personally tried this tecnique
lol.. but it wouldn't work anyway for most people because they have to wear school uniform and girls have skirts and tights.. :rolleyes:

i think maybe the reason they haven't locked the thread yet it to see all the 'naughty' things people have done/still are doing.
mikeywang
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ToxicMuppet)

Btw didn't Roy keene or whatever his name in get done for writing in his auotbiography that he meant to injury a player? funny if some of you got your results annulled.
Now thats just silly. u cant compare roy keane to us, his autobiography had his NAME on the front, so his confession were easily traced back to him. with us, most ppl use aliases, go try find a mikey wang at my school (Nower Hill), no such person exists. impossible to trace us, unless i tell u my real name and address, which i wont because there are ppl out there who like little children:rolleyes:
gorilla_baby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mikeywang)
Now thats just silly. u cant compare roy keane to us, his autobiography had his NAME on the front, so his confession were easily traced back to him. with us, most ppl use aliases, go try find a mikey wang at my school (Nower Hill), no such person exists. impossible to trace us, unless i tell u my real name and address, which i wont because there are ppl out there who like little children:rolleyes:
LMAO
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mikeywang)
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...someone thinks they're completely anonymous on the internet. There's a little thing called IP addresses. And if you have a look round on this website somewhere, it does mention that they can get your IP address which can be used to track you down and so anyone trying to cheat using TSR will eventually be caught.

Just because no-one knows you on here, doesn't mean you're anonymous. Also, a student forum as popular as this is bound to have examiners checking it from time to time. There are a few teachers who use this site for example, I'm sure a few of them are probably examiners too.
pcok
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A guy in my class wrote notes completely over his statement of entry envelope and showed like everyone, then in another exam he took about 10 pages of notes folded up in his pocket and went to the loo like three times...I was pissed about it cos I'd tried damn hard for those exams, but he came out with Us haha. If you cheat and still can't do well then, well, he may as well just give up.
aster100
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by -G-a-v-)
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...someone thinks they're completely anonymous on the internet. There's a little thing called IP addresses. And if you have a look round on this website somewhere, it does mention that they can get your IP address which can be used to track you down and so anyone trying to cheat using TSR will eventually be caught.

Just because no-one knows you on here, doesn't mean you're anonymous. Also, a student forum as popular as this is bound to have examiners checking it from time to time. There are a few teachers who use this site for example, I'm sure a few of them are probably examiners too.
Aren't IP addresses very very very difficult to link to a particular person or even a computer in the "real world" for that matter? I thought IP is more of a "virtual" thing and it's very difficult to track a specific IP to a specific location, let alone a person. Mind my ignorance, but this is what I thought (that is, until you correct me:p:)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed