?
Report 3 years ago
Don't lie
Kenni11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This does work I have the same problem and I use fairy liquid on every wash and it works
modernapp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the people completely freaking out, calm right down. Everyone has different hair but when I was younger my hair dresser suggested washing it with fairy liquid once a month as it balanced out the oils. (I had bad hair as a child) Now, 10 years on, my hair is still in wonderful condition. So before you say no never do it, get your facts or give it a go yourself. Different things work for different hair, it just happened to work amazingly for me. It could equally work amazingly for someone else.

(Original post by Squares)
No !!! Don't!

It will make your hair dull, coarse, and dry.

No no.

T-gel? Apply a small amount of lemon juice to your scalp. Then wash with shampoo.
In boots, there are plenty of shampoos for "greasy" hair. Check them out.

Just fairy liquid.....they're used to clean dishes for a reason!
_mitigantsea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Put talc on your scalp, it will dry the grease and it's completely natural. I've done it several times.
ha.anon90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tf, fam your hair might fall off or could result in severe damaged.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Liciouslicious
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do not use Tresemme. Hair falls out big time for me and two other family members. I regularly use head and shoulders because of dandruff..it didn't lighten my hair. I'm going to try the fairy liquid with coconut oil so I don't over dry my hair.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why not try a different shampoo first
AlbanyV
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Eek! I really wouldn't recommend this! Use a shampoo that is formulated for oil scalps. Fairy liquid is going to be really stripping on your hair and will irritate the scalp.
Esskeetit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by davidjones90)
It may remove the grease, but your hair is made out of protein, Fairy liquid has loads of enzymes to break protein down, so you could potentially weaken your hair structure. I'm no expert but I would not use fairy liquid to do this even once.

Keep using shampoo regularly.
fairly sure it would be pointless for fairly liquid to contain enzymes, surely they would deform and not work in hot water.
also if it did have enzymes they would not be for breaking down hair molecules (dont know about you but i tend to not eat hair so doesnt really get in the washing up lol)
mcchimp101
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i do this whenever my hair is unusually oily, it totally works. my friends think im crazy but it works so...........
Suzanne123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You could use a shampoo designed for greasy hair - Elvive Extraordinary Clay or Head & Shoulders Citrus Fresh are two examples you can purchase easily which aren't too expensive.
Condition just your ends, not the roots. Use dry shampoo in-between washes :borat:

Edit: Just noticed this thread was started 11 years ago. Ah well, might help someone else :rolleyes:
Last edited by Suzanne123; 3 months ago
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Suzanne123)
You could use a shampoo designed for greasy hair - Elvive Extraordinary Clay or Head & Shoulders Citrus Fresh are two examples you can purchase easily which aren't too expensive.
Condition just your ends, not the roots. Use dry shampoo in-between washes :borat:
This thread is eleven years old. I imagine the OP will have found out what problems it might cause by now.
Haley83
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s vozene that strips ur hair not fairy liquid
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.99%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.73%
I don't think they'd understand (49)
14.89%
It might lead to more bullying (124)
37.69%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.7%

Watched Threads

Latest