I'm applying for Psychology and Biochemistry/Biomedical Science Personal Statement?!!

Watch
study87421
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, I'm currently applying to Psychology, Biochemistry and Biomedical Science and don't know how to tailor my personal statement. Do I write about my passion for Biology which links to both of them or should i just straight up say i like p because and biochem because and list it out? If anyones written a personal statement for multiple courses or just have an idea of what I should do please replyyy!
lemmens
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by study87421)
Hey guys, I'm currently applying to Psychology, Biochemistry and Biomedical Science and don't know how to tailor my personal statement. Do I write about my passion for Biology which links to both of them or should i just straight up say i like p because and biochem because and list it out? If anyones written a personal statement for multiple courses or just have an idea of what I should do please replyyy!
I’m applying for joint honours courses and the PS is so stressful!! The best advice I’ve been given is to find the link between the subjects and explore that. So start off with how your a-levels or IB subjects link together/to the course, go into detail in one or two specific areas of these subjects that you like, and then find something that links biochemistry to biomedical science. Then if possible, find how this requires an understanding of psychology to truly grasp. I hope this makes sense and helps a little
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I assume you mean as separate courses? You could probably write a PS for biochem and biomed (not accreditted) courses, but you wouldn't be able to make one that covers psychology too. You should really decide on what you want to study and focus on writing a PS around that
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 year ago
study87421
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
I assume you mean as separate courses? You could probably write a PS for biochem and biomed (not accreditted) courses, but you wouldn't be able to make one that covers biology too. You should really decide on what you want to study and focus on writing a PS around that
i chose 3 psychology courses, 1 biomedical science and i biochemistry. how should i write my personal statement?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i chose 3 psychology courses, 1 biomedical science and i biochemistry. how should i write my personal statement?
You can't write a decent PS that covers that combination of subjects. You need to decide what you want to apply for and either apply for psychology or a mix of biomed and biochem
lemmens
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could also try emailing the admissions staff at the biomedical and biochemistry universities explaining your situation and seeing whether they will allow you to submit a separate personal statement. Then write your UCAS one with a focus on psychology.

There’s more information on this here:
https://university.which.co.uk/advic...ltiple-courses

Hope this helps
study87421
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
I assume you mean as separate courses? You could probably write a PS for biochem and biomed (not accreditted) courses, but you wouldn't be able to make one that covers psychology too. You should really decide on what you want to study and focus on writing a PS around that
yeah thanks for replyng and helping guys after doing my research and finding psychology has a very high unemplyment rate ive decided to go with biomedical science and biochemistry mix x but how should i talk about both of these? perhaps talk about biology? bearing in mind i wanted to do medicine before but due to lack of grades switched to biomed.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah thanks for replyng and helping guys after doing my research and finding psychology has a very high unemplyment rate ive decided to go with biomedical science and biochemistry mix x but how should i talk about both of these? perhaps talk about biology? bearing in mind i wanted to do medicine before but due to lack of grades switched to biomed.
Look at the course content for the unis you are interested in and look for the overlap, like maybe neuro or hormones or something. I've not studied the subjects so I don't know in depth what they cover and different unis may focus on different aspects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (127)
14.68%
I'm not sure (39)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (261)
30.17%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (416)
48.09%

Watched Threads