couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I applied to do a course at a university, but i was told that the course itself that i was to don't usually take that many people.... yet i've found it on ucas extra.

I also noticed that Law was available at Nottingham University (when i last checked) on Ucas extra.

So, im confused, surely these universities have already offered more than enough people places on these courses already? How does ucas extra work?
vi_26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well the nottingham uni one for law is for international students only. Thats for sure because i checked that out when i saw it.

Some will be in extra but will only be available to internationals so the best thing to do is ring the university up and ask them if you can apply and give them your academic info and see how likely it is that they'll offer you a place. This is what i did and if its for a different course than you originally applied for they might ask you to write a new personal statement.

hope that helps, feel free to PM if you want more information because i applied to two uni's through Extra.
couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by vi_26)
Well the nottingham uni one for law is for international students only. Thats for sure because i checked that out when i saw it.

Some will be in extra but will only be available to internationals so the best thing to do is ring the university up and ask them if you can apply and give them your academic info and see how likely it is that they'll offer you a place. This is what i did and if its for a different course than you originally applied for they might ask you to write a new personal statement.

hope that helps, feel free to PM if you want more information because i applied to two uni's through Extra.
oh great thanks! i've actually sorted out my firm and insurance places. hopefully i get into my firm, but if i dont, i really don't want to go to my insurance, and its probably too late to change it!
vi_26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by couture_kid)
oh great thanks! i've actually sorted out my firm and insurance places. hopefully i get into my firm, but if i dont, i really don't want to go to my insurance, and its probably too late to change it!
Congrats on getting them then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads