Is this a racist tweet? Watch

z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
‘Genuine congratulations James,’ the Labour frontbencher tweeted to the newly appointed Tory Party chairman James Cleverly. ‘I’m just sorry you & the other black members of the cabinet had to sell your souls & self-respect to get there.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ason-race.html
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yes imo, race baiting politicians - not surprised :rolleyes:
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tis only genuine when Labour does it of course.

It is constantly surprising to the left that there are POCs on the right. The very existence of them destroys the illusion they are trying to create.
CityofMud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes. Political opinion isn’t determined by skin colour. Much like how middle/upper class bashing is targeted at whites and ignores wealthy British-born professionals and immigrants of colour.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
About as racist as you can get really. Also bloody insulting - the implication being that you cannot possibly be in the tory party if you are black.

Why shouldn't black people be capitalist, progressive and forward thinking.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes.
Absolutely disgusting.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Disgraceful. But not surprising . Sometimes I really hate the Left. Yes, I DO understand they are passionate about their causes, and social justice, and genuinely want to make the world a better place and feel their way of doing that is the only proper way. But they can be so up themselves and convinced of their own bloody righteousness and every one else's failings that it puts me right off them.
Phil63
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Clive Lewis has already been branded as misogynist after his remark to Sam Swann "get on your knees *****". Now he adds racist insults to his repertoire to the delight and encouragement of Kerry-Anne Mendoza who added ‘Someone from a minority group who chooses to serve in a far-Right Government is no longer a person of colour. They’re a turncoat of colour'. As usual Jeremy Corbyn stays silent, just as he has over anti-semitism. The Labour party really are a nasty bunch of racist, sexist bigots. Shame on them. I hope the trade unions withdraw their funding after this.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
Tis only genuine when Labour does it of course.

It is constantly surprising to the left that there are POCs on the right. The very existence of them destroys the illusion they are trying to create.
Considering you claimed the Jo Cox murder was a hoax, you shouldn't be taken seriously on anything.

Next you'll be claiming that the El Paso shooter who was a self declared white supremacist wasn't far right...
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It does seem like some of the left (probably most of the hard left) believe that they have a political monopoly on ethnic minorities and other demographics - the LBGTQ community for example.
Instead of judging people on their character, they judge on the skin or sexuality. It really is ridiculous.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is the ironic racism of the identitarian far left where your ethnicity determines how you ought to think and behave.

At least the far right is more direct and aware of their racism.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
Next you'll be claiming that the El Paso shooter who was a self declared white supremacist wasn't far right...
It's a George Soros conspiracy. MAGA.
Moose-er
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As a person of colour who leans right, I find that any member of the shadow cabinet is the perfect strawman to use against momentum supporters. Let's be honest is anyone surprised to see a member of Corbyn's shadow cabinet saying something both racist and self righteous
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not especially. Seriously dubious sure but i wouldnt say it rises to the level of racism.
z-hog
Rep:
?
It seems to be a unanimous verdict, even the ones who'd dearly love to refute the accusation of racism find it impossible. Of course it is racist stuff.

How come the BBC and the Guardian aren't all over it this morning, ultimate crusaders against such evil in society? For all the time they spend on their anti-Trumpism and his tweets, how can they overlook the presence of racism in the Shadow cabinet by people who could find themselves in public office?

Something doesn't add up in all this.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
typical smug Labor posturing.

smh
username4355882
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This thread is so fun :daydreaming:
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldn't say it's racist but it's playing up to the identity politics kind of narrative where your 'membership' of a certain minority group determines your political beliefs.
z-hog
Rep:
?
(Original post by Underscore__)
I wouldn't say it's racist but it's playing up to the identity politics kind of narrative where your 'membership' of a certain minority group determines your political beliefs.
But you wouldn't see that as racist...
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
Considering you claimed the Jo Cox murder was a hoax, you shouldn't be taken seriously on anything.

I hear the sound of a broken record. Shame you still haven't understood the difference in stating a position is false and refusing to accept a position without sufficient evidence.

You can't define far right so come back to me when you can. Funny how everyone wants to discuss the El Paso shooter but no one wants to focus on the Ohio shooter, an ardent democrat and Elisabeth Warren supporter.

Take it to a relevant thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (167)
13.09%
Excited (111)
8.7%
Worried (233)
18.26%
Terrified (298)
23.35%
Meh (103)
8.07%
Confused (32)
2.51%