The Student Room Group

Raf P2 presentation

Hey I’ve got my P2 presentation in just under 2 weeks time and I’m very nervous because I have no idea what to expect. First question is do I go on my own or am I aloud bring someone with me, either way I don’t mind just don’t want to look like an idiot!
Also is there anything in particular I need to learn for this presentation, I know it tells you stuff about the interview I just don’t want to be asked a question there and not know anything and be put on the spot
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Theashepherd
Hey I’ve got my P2 presentation in just under 2 weeks time and I’m very nervous because I have no idea what to expect. First question is do I go on my own or am I aloud bring someone with me, either way I don’t mind just don’t want to look like an idiot!
Also is there anything in particular I need to learn for this presentation, I know it tells you stuff about the interview I just don’t want to be asked a question there and not know anything and be put on the spot

Go alone. Be smart. Take a note pad and pen.

This is the presentation where they tell you what you need to know for your interview / the rest of the process. They don't expect you to know things already.
Okay thank you so much! So do I dress as smart as I would for the interview or more casual?
Reply 3
Okay thank you so much! So do I dress as smart as I would for the interview or more casual?

You only get one chance to make a first impression with (likely) the officer who's going to be interviewing you...

Hi

As has already been stated, dress smartly, the entire application process is your 'interview' and you're applying to be an Officer or SNCO, so dress accordingly.

As it's described, this is a presentation for you to understand what the rest of the process is going to be and what is expected of you as an officer or SNCO etc.

Take notes, ask questions, make more notes.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Hi Thea,

I am approaching my oasc, and I still refer to the notes I took at the P2 presentation! I dressed quite casually, and regretted it once I turned up and everyone else there was in a suit - I didn't make that mistake again, but wear a suit if you can.

For mine, there was a semi-circle of chairs facing a presentation screen. Then the CO came in and gave the presentation - this does last a while, but it's so useful and really set my mind at ease regarding questions I had about selection and life in the RAF as a whole. The presentation was also done by the officer who later did my interview, so anything they say is important, remember it!

At the end, we were asked to sign up to a date for the CBAT or interview (depending on what you're applying for), so it's also a good idea to go in with an idea of your calendar, or with your phone so you can check the dates before you sign up.

Otherwise, just listen and write everything down.

Best of luck with the application process :smile:
Would u recommend me going to the presentation on my own? Is everyone else there on their own or with parents?
Reply 7
I'd recommend going on your own. You're not there to make any decisions that day, just to learn and ask any questions you may have. You can of course arrange to have a meeting at the AFCO at some other date where you can bring someone with you to talk about what ever you need to talk about.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing an answer but it is important to know that in the following stages of your application you will be tested to the point where you don't know, so it's important you are able to deal with that situation in a manner becoming of your future position in the RAF.
Is there anything you would recommend me learning/ revising for the presentation
Is there anything you would recommend me learning/ revising for the presentation

Hi

It's exactly what is says on the tin, it's a presentation, to you, to give you an idea of what your life in the RAF is going to be like. There's nothing you can learn beforehand, because it's about giving information to you.

As has already been advised, dress smartly, go by yourself (You're applying to be an Officer or SNCO, you shouldn't need your parents with you), take a notepad/book and a pen and make notes. You'll have chance to ask questions to the AFCO staff while you're there, write them down and get them answered!

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
For the P2 Presentation, no. I had been preparing for the filter interview so I had a good breadth of knowledge which allowed me to answer the couple of questions that were posed to the group. No questions were asked to any individual.
No I don’t want my parents there just didn’t know if other people were going to be accompanied by someone and id be out of place going in on my own but if I’m ment to be on my own that’s perfectly fine. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest