Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'll try and keep it brief..
I really like on of my best friends, i'm pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way (mainly cause she still likes her ex) but ive never managed to tell her how i feel. I've tried so hard to get over her, but it doesn't work, every time we get talking properly i just fall for her again. I've been in this situation for like 2 years now, she still likes her ex who's a complete ****
I don't know what to do.. Telling her would probably do more harm then good, a bunch of us including her are going on holiday this summer, I don't want to get too close to her because i just end up getting hurt. but i do want to get really close to her cause she's amazing
I'd just like some advice on what i should do..
Thanks
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
awh i know how you feel
basically if you want to prevent yourself from getting hurt, you have to totally stop communication with her, as each time you talk to her and see her, you will just fall again.. and if you dont have that, first you'll miss her but then in time , everything will heal and you'll get over her.. it will take a while and it'll hurt but in the long run, thats what is best. but im guessing since you're going on holiday with her, its gonna be tough to do that..
or you could tell her and then see her reaction as some times when you get the response it makes you realise things. she might even feel the same tbh...but if not then just try and look for someone else you like as it may help you get over her? dont think about her.. keep yourself occupied... hope some of this has helped.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't completly lose contact with her if she's one of your best mates! Unrequited love is a ***** trust me And it takes AGES to get over someone. You have a few options, you can either talk to her about and risk being humiliated and hurt, you can bottle it all up and go on feeling like this about her or you can admit that it's probably never going to happen and move on, yes, it'll take a while but you need to think - would you rather have her in your life as a best friend or completely lose her altogether? Besides, you never know what the future holds!!
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Start with the statement "I really fancy you".

Scenario 1, "Aww, I fancy you too, let's make babies and shiz"

Result 1, you and her live the rest of your lives together, aww.

Scenario 2, "Errrm..."
"Hahaha, I totally got you there, you should have seen your face"

Result 2, she thinks you're a pillock for about 30 mins, but you still have no akwardness...

This actually sounded quite sarcy, was trying to lighten the tone, but, I'm deadly serious, at least you'd get a definitive answer and could play it off that it doesn't really affect you guys.
Report 11 years ago
also if she is the really nice friend that you think she is, whatever you tell her, if you do decide to, she'll understand and be okay with it or explain things and even help you feel better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads