FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Laurenxx)
Aah I see you have applied to ASton as your firm for Business Management. Thats where I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally wanted to go but I messed up my form putting Huddersfield 1st (it should have been insurance as it has lower grades) so now even if I get the grades for Aston I have to go to Huddersfield, doh!
I fell in love with the uni when I was there though *sigh*
Did you actually want to go there at the time? Or did you put the wrong one down?
If you really want to go you may still be able to phone up Aston, ask them if they will accept you if you get released from Huddersfield and if they say yes, then you need to phone Huddersfield and ask to be released, which they will of course do (they dont want people there who dont want to be there obviously)

However, it would mean you had no insurance, so if you miss the grades be prepared to go through clearing.
Aston DID have spaces, because almost all of there courses were in extra this year.
Laurenxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im not too bothered now, Im coming round to the idea of spending the next 4 years of my life in Huddersfield haha. I don't want to take the risk of not getting the grades anyway. I just messed the accepting the offers form up and put them the wrong way round
netuser07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pimpfish)
oh, and can someone explain the link between inflation and interest rates briefly please?

Ta

The linkage between these two variables are what determine the economy condition of a country. Inflation means a general increase in the prices of goods, and decreases of the value of the currency. There are two types of inflations which i know of that may occur in the business cycle.

Cost-push inflation : this is type of inflation is caused by the rises of the cost of the raw materials and the costs of the goods. In this circumstance, businesses normally cut back investment projects, and consumer divert to inferior goods ( cheaper goods). The govt is most likely to interven and set a suitable budgetary policy known as deficiet budget ( the expenditure is higher than taxation) to boost business confidence and increase the demand, govt set a lower interest rate aswell.

Demand-pull inflation: This occurs during a boom when the demand exceeds the supply of goods.. so businesses increase their prices to minimise the demand. The government also intervens to control the economy by setting the interest rate high, in consquence the consumer will be attracted to save their money, so eventually it decreases the demand. the govt also sets a budgetary policy known as a budget surplus ( govt's taxation is higher than it's expenditure).

There is also a link between inflation and the value of the currency in terms of other currency( the exchange rate).

Hope that will help!!
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pimpfish)
I hope to god that government intervention and monetary / fiscal policy doesnt come up

Such bad topics!

Noo .. that's the topic which I am good at !! I hope it will come up !!
D90
Report 11 years ago
Going to have a go and explain how to evaluate

Always try to comment on what it depends on
For example

"It depends upon..."
the nature of the business
the objectives of the business (sales or profit)
External environment
The resources available
The culture of the business
Time scale (short term or long run)

Then expand further "it depends on X because..."

Then try to come to a conclusion if you have to. (which factors are more important)

I think you really need to consider the business when doing this.

Hope that sort of helps!!
helentate
Report 11 years ago
anyone know what spot and forward markets are ?
x
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by helentate)
anyone know what spot and forward markets are ?
x
:eek: I never heard of them!!
helentate
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by netuser07)
:eek: I never heard of them!!
yehhh me neither just reading over a page in this text book iv got and it says the organisation could use spot and forward markets to guard against currency fluctuations lol hopefully this won't come up
x
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by helentate)
yehhh me neither just reading over a page in this text book iv got and it says the organisation could use spot and forward markets to guard against currency fluctuations lol hopefully this won't come up
x
if something like that comes up ( a term that I never heard of) I'd just guess wat they mean!!
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
which textbook ur using? helentate
fredo22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
to do with foreign exchange rate. i doubt that will come up though
fredo22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The spot market is also called the "cash market" or "physical market", because prices are settled in cash on the spot at current market prices, as opposed to forward prices.
Frazer435
Report 11 years ago
good luck for tomorrow guys ill be revising in the morning now done quite alot tonight aswell.
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ditto to what Frazer said. We can do this thing!
That_Gyal
Report 11 years ago
Yeeepp...Bring It On!!!!!
fizzydizzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yh goood luck everyone!!! we are all in this together
Erzan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Laurenxx thanks for your quick and readable notes will come in useful for me in my 'last dash' of revision lol. Before people wonder, i went bed early so i could wake up early, i didn't stay up all night revising.

Good luck everyone in your exam. Remember to show Knowledge, Application, Analysis and then Evaluate, Evaluate, EVAULUTE! EVALUTION!!

You know, there are some people in my college who actually hope others do bad, just so they get a higher UMS. But me, i really hope everyone does their best.
jh_1988_england
Report 11 years ago
how do i evaluate?
Nero132
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
like a conclusion to your points.. read a mark scheme.. the structure is on there mate.
lil_miss_annoymous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Argh i want this exam to come now - the longer i leave it - feels pointles.. Like ive learnt now anything i was possibly going to learn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads