The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
haha not a bad plan.

I sat most of mine in a cadet hut..

Im a private candidate.. i turned up for modules 4 n 5 last week.. the timetable on the board said "GYM".. I didnt even know the place even had a gym.. what a bad couple of minutes that was..
Sharpnel
from the textbook:

'What if?' or sensitivity analysis can be applied to decision trees by changing either the estimated probabilities of options or the estimated financial returns of outcomes.

This type of analysis can be used to ansert questions such as:
'How small does the probability of the most optimistic outcome need to be before the other option gives a greater expected monetary value?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitivity_analysis

thanks
Reply 442
last post before the exam? Good luck all.
Reply 443
Howd u think it went? I did alrite except for the last question ran abit out of time....
Reply 444
yeah i ran a bit outta time. tricky to get your time management right for that exam
Reply 445
did about a page on each question, i thought it was easy

was writing till the end though
Reply 446
The exam was ok.

I feel I prepared enough for the exma and that I did my best and thats all I can ask for.
The subject of Cadbury's was a good one, however questions 3,4,5 where slightly difficult.
My exams are over now so there is nothing more I can do to affect the grades I will get, so just going to Party until the 14 Aug where I hope I have got the grades I need to get into uni.
Good topics, overall good exam. Finished just in time but could have written more in places. Time constraint is ridiculous on this exam!
Reply 448
Hmm I thought it was quite difficult, war writing solidly for the full time but we shall see what happens on results day!
Was kinda gutten there wasnt anything about inflation and intrest rates etc
Reply 449
rachd_22
Good topics, overall good exam. Finished just in time but could have written more in places. Time constraint is ridiculous on this exam!

i agree, too many subjects (even easier ones) get 3 hours and have people finishing them early

i think the point is that theres so much to write about with synoptic links etc, if we had 3 hours then its easy to get an A for most people apart from idiots/those who havent revised

tbh tho in real life, giving detailed business analysis takes quite a bit of time, i think the exam should be at least 15 mins longer

thats life i guess
Reply 450
We spent a lesson looking at Cadbury Schweppes, it was freaky to see it on the paper! I felt that this paper was as difficult as some of the past papers so I hope I did okay.
Reply 451
Massive thankyou to everyone who has posted on here. Everyones input has been fantastic. The whole contingency planning thing ended up being well worth looking in to. Know decision trees either- my word there was some panic over that on here. Could of wrote more on the product development question but ended up doing it last and just putting down bullet points due a lack of time. What parts do people feel they did well/badly on? AGAIN THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED! xxx
Good exam i thought but question 3 n 4 were tricky. Just wait till 21st of august to find out. Hope everyone did well xx
Hannah2411
Good exam i thought but question 3 n 4 were tricky. Just wait till 21st of august to find out. Hope everyone did well xx

Why 21st of August? You not collecting them when they get published on the 14th?
Didnt find there was a huge amount to say about 1,2,5 and the data in the appendixes seemed mostly irrelevant (some was usefull though).

Timed myself just right and finished with 10 seconds to go, as always :biggrin:
I got told results day was on the 21st
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12945974#post12945974

to talk about the exam - because there are three threads going on atm!! So i thoughtd i make one new one...

so go to that lol.
Hannah2411
I got told results day was on the 21st

I'd check that. GCSE results is 21st, A levels is 14th.
Just have, rung up my head of year and said it was the 14th, nearly didnt get them! Thanks for pointing it out xx
Hey, dont know if this has come up already in the thread lol (cant be obothered to search through all 23 pages!)

Just wanted some help with 'Deciosn making to achieve objevtives', under 15.6
what do i need to know??

Cheers!
x

Latest

Trending

Trending