The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ive never even heard of porters 5 forces :redface:
wat the hell is porter's forces .?? It's not in my text book is it in the syllabus ?
Culture - the attitudes, beliefs and behaviours expressed within a firm.

Or the book definition:

'Corporate culture is the way that a business does things, and the way that people in the business expect things to be done'
there is no such thing as porter's forces in business studies A level AQA.. please tell me it's not in the syllabus
Reply 144
Anyone got notes on Corporate Plans...

Really need...

Thanks...
Reply 145
i didn't think porter's 5 forces was in the syllabus but some people were talking about it earlier so i panicked lol but i've just looked at the specification and i can't see it on there so i dont think we need to know it :s
Reply 146
aneilh
Anyone got notes on Corporate Plans...

Really need...

Thanks...

ye need em also.

another point what is 'internally making profit'
culture - the way things get done in a business
Don't fret over porters thingy

you only need a brief idea...they're not going to ask you about it! (I don't really get it :s-smilie:)

Make sure you know about product differentiation, ansoff's and boston's matrix though - because you could include them in a strategy answer.

I think this unit follows from Unit 3? Kaizen, JIT etc..
Reply 149
hi guys, i only just joined up here (pretty late i know) and i was wondering if anyone would condense what has been said in previous pages for me? like what things do people think are going to come up? The best way to stay on topic? sorry if this should be in a different forum.
Reply 150
the main ideas:
decision trees
fiscal policy
contingency planning
retrenchment
culture
international competitiveness
takeover/merger
oh and a few people were speculating that Tesco might be the subject of the casestudy - i think these are most of the ideas not sure though
SophieA
the main ideas:
decision trees
fiscal policy
contingency planning
retrenchment culture
takeover/merger
oh and a few people were speculating that Tesco might be the subject of the casestudy - i think these are most of the ideas not sure though

thank you:top:
Reply 152
in the exam will they ask us to construct a decision tree or use data from it to say what a business should do or just ask us for +ves and -ves? My teacher said we wouldn't have to do any calculations - is that true?
how do you construct a decision tree:redface:? lol...and i think you need to know the ratios-gearing etc...but i might be wrong
Reply 154
i mean put in the figures and calculate the percentages lol i thought ratios were unit 4 but none came up in january?!?
Reply 155
SophieA
the main ideas:
decision trees
fiscal policy
contingency planning
retrenchment culture
takeover/merger

thanks. my business teacher said that the Jan08 paper was one of the easiest hes seen in years. and he warned that the June one may not be so easy. he thinks its going to be quite hard. although i think i have already failed the a-level, as i got a U in unit 5 and haven't retaken it. couldn't get it organised in time as i have missed most of the lessons this year. not my fault though. I have M.E. so im just going to try my best on this one.

Does anyone know if i can keep the points i get on the exams i've done well in so i dont have to retake every exam later on to pass?
Teachers can't be trusted sometimes .. my teacher thought net present value won't come up in unite 4 exam so we never been taught how to calculate it, and it came up.. don't trust teachers, they're just like you dunno anything about the exam..
can someone giv me a clear definition of social auditing?
Reply 158
Does anyone know if i can keep the points i get on the exams i've done well in so i dont have to retake every exam later on to pass?

Yup you definitely can keep whatever module marks and resit whichever modules you I don't know how long you can keep the module marks for though and i think this specification is old and they are replacing it so next summer might be your last chance to re-sit. Don't take my word for it though i'm not 100% sure :s

Does anyone know if we have to do any calculations then because if we do i need to learn them fast lol
yea u might be required to do index calculation! they wont ask u a question on calculation unless it's based on decision tree.. they expect u to know how to do index calculation though !

Latest

Trending

Trending