Report 11 years ago
oh my gosh forget calculations
Ramos_Spurs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fizzydizzy)
can someone giv me a clear definition of social auditing?
an interpendent check of the firms activites on the stakeholders and the community in general
SophieA
Report 11 years ago
social audit = an assessment of the business' social and ethical behaviour in relation to its aims. i think it is basically where a business looks at what impact it is having on its stakeholders etc and then they can use their findings to say how good they are if they are positive and if they are negative they hide the results and try to make their situation better. Sorry i think that is probably the worst definition of social auditing but i don't really know how to define it :s
SophieA
Report 11 years ago
o i suppose if its independant they won't be able to hide the findings so my definition is probably all wrong sorry!
jh_1988_england
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
whats fiscal policy?
SophieA
Report 11 years ago
whats an index calculation?????? HELP!!!!!
fizzydizzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cheers ramos
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Social auditing is a process that enables an organisation to assess and demonstrate its social, economic, and environmental benefits and limitations. It is a way of measuring the extent to which an organisation lives up to the shared values and objectives it has committed itself to.
3ak16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by fizzydizzy)
can someone giv me a clear definition of social auditing?
Is an assesment of the businesses social and ethical behaviour in relation to its aim. It deals with costs on society-

someone wrote it up properly a few pages back
fizzydizzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
fiscal policy - when changes are made in governmetn spending or taxation
fizzydizzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
people what are external costs?
aneilh
Report 11 years ago
the costs associated to society with production or consumption of a good... such as pollution..

Can someone please explain corporate plans?
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if there is a question where a comparison is needed between two companies, u shud use index figures to show their profibility, turnover

for example lets say a company sales product A

in 2004 ( 300 units of product A were sold) in 2005 ( 500 units of product A were sold were sold ) in 2006 (600 units of product A were sold)

in order to workout the index number for 2005 {500 units /300 units x 100%}

the formula is actual sales volume in selected years / actual sales in base year x 100 =

the base year is normally the first year

Hope I explained it clearly ..

(Original post by SophieA)
whats an index calculation?????? HELP!!!!!
vietdoan
Report 11 years ago
i always hate external influences 7 objectives, stratagies... Unit3 and 6 were the worst to me.. im just hoping get C/D this retaken unit 6..
a question: what is growth, factors affect growth, whats internal/ external growth, internal/external sources of finance
viirkokka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Could you edit the initial post to be a compilation of ALL the stuff we need to know?
SophieA
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by netuser07)
if there is a question where a comparison is needed between two companies, u shud use index figures to show their profibility, turnover

for example lets say a company sales product A

in 2004 ( 300 units of product A were sold) in 2005 ( 500 units of product A were sold were sold ) in 2006 (600 units of product A were sold)

in order to workout the index number for 2005 {500 units /300 units x 100%}

the formula is actual sales volume in selected years / actual sales in base year x 100 =

the base year is normally the first year

Hope I explained it clearly ..
Thank you so much i can't believe i didn't know that!!! I'm a bit worried about what other stuff i don't know now lol Thanks again
3ak16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by aneilh)
the costs associated to society with production or consumption of a good... such as pollution..

Can someone please explain corporate plans?
Coporate plan

Strategic planning:

once the aims and objectives are set and decided, a firm needs to draw up a plan of action detailing how it will be acheived

Strategic planning process:

->Mission statement
->objectives
->internal/external enviroment
->swot anaylsis
->strategic implementation
->control
bishaldo
Report 11 years ago
So far I've got a CBB in units 1, 2, and 3 respectively. I also got a D in unit 4 in January which I then re-sat but I'm 100% sure I wouldn't of even got a D because I did so badly and didn't even come close to finishing the paper. Also in unit 5 despite it not being the most difficult paper due to bad time management skills I also made a complete mess of it and am looking at an E at very best I feel. In the opinion of yourselfs, do you think a C overall is still within my reach.

I have been revising unit 6 quite heavily but I feel that throughout the business course I have been applying more common sense than anything else. Also a very big thankyou to everyone who posts on here, there's been some great input and its pleasing to see how much others want everyone to do well : ).
Pimpfish
Report 11 years ago
Anyone else got the AQA pink revision book?

Looking through the candidate answers in the back... most are like 2 - 3 standard paragraphs each, and the examiner says that they were easily A grade! a bit of relief for those of us worried about timing!
netuser07
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bishaldo)
So far I've got a CBB in units 1, 2, and 3 respectively. I also got a D in unit 4 in January which I then re-sat but I'm 100% sure I wouldn't of even got a D because I did so badly and didn't even come close to finishing the paper. Also in unit 5 despite it not being the most difficult paper due to bad time management skills I also made a complete mess of it and am looking at an E at very best I feel. In the opinion of yourselfs, do you think a C overall is still within my reach.

I have been revising unit 6 quite heavily but I feel that throughout the business course I have been applying more common sense than anything else. Also a very big thankyou to everyone who posts on here, there's been some great input and its pleasing to see how much others want everyone to do well : ).
yea u can get a c ... u just need to get an A or B in unit 6 .. your AS grades are not that bad!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads