Not improving bench lift

Watch
G_Singh145
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi so i’m 21 and my max bench is 105kg (1 rep) and I have been stuck on this for about 6 weeks now. I am really finding it hard to progress.

Here a bit about me.
.I’m 6’0ft and 82kg
.My diet is not prefect, I eat about 2-4 fresh chicken meals a week with other stuff being birds eye freezer chicken
.I take protein shakes and have just started creatine this week
.My arms are fairly long which I heard makes bench harder
.When I do chest I generally do heavy for 5-6 reps for main chest work outs. Eg bench, dumbbell bench, incline and decline
.My main point of failure is the lock out part of the bench

Any advise would be great thanks.
ShahedAli-02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by G_Singh145)
Hi so i’m 21 and my max bench is 105kg (1 rep) and I have been stuck on this for about 6 weeks now. I am really finding it hard to progress.

Here a bit about me.
.I’m 6’0ft and 82kg
.My diet is not prefect, I eat about 2-4 fresh chicken meals a week with other stuff being birds eye freezer chicken
.I take protein shakes and have just started creatine this week
.My arms are fairly long which I heard makes bench harder
.When I do chest I generally do heavy for 5-6 reps for main chest work outs. Eg bench, dumbbell bench, incline and decline
.My main point of failure is the lock out part of the bench

Any advise would be great thanks.
Hey, feel sorry for you.
One thing is how long have you been doing it for?
Have you made sure your form is good?
Watch a guy called OFFICIALTHENX
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqj...sotnojGl4gM0Zw
His workouts are very useful, & he does it in real time!
One thing I'd say certainly is you need to do more than just 1 rep of Benching, because just doing 1 will not make your muscles grow, if the weight is too much, you'l need to reduce it, & don't take your breaks for too long.
One KEY thing I noticed with OFFICIALTHENX's workout's is that he will do 45 seconds ab workout then only 15 seconds break, then another (Around the same area, so abs in this case) so by the time I was following him & was doing like the 4th exercise I was exhausted, but you have to continue if you want to grow more.
I'm not boasting, it's just for an example, but when I was doing OFFICIALTHENX 's ab workout even after the first session I saw improvements, but when I was doing my own routine I hardly saw any improvements.
Also with arms as well you have to work all areas, again check out OFFICIALTHENX 's YouTube channel for more info.
Hope this helped, & hope you get the size you want to be at, have a nice day!
funk controller
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ShahedAli-02)
Hey, feel sorry for you.
One thing is how long have you been doing it for?
Have you made sure your form is good?
Watch a guy called OFFICIALTHENX
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqj...sotnojGl4gM0Zw
His workouts are very useful, & he does it in real time!
One thing I'd say certainly is you need to do more than just 1 rep of Benching, because just doing 1 will not make your muscles grow, if the weight is too much, you'l need to reduce it, & don't take your breaks for too long.
One KEY thing I noticed with OFFICIALTHENX's workout's is that he will do 45 seconds ab workout then only 15 seconds break, then another (Around the same area, so abs in this case) so by the time I was following him & was doing like the 4th exercise I was exhausted, but you have to continue if you want to grow more.
I'm not boasting, it's just for an example, but when I was doing OFFICIALTHENX 's ab workout even after the first session I saw improvements, but when I was doing my own routine I hardly saw any improvements.
Also with arms as well you have to work all areas, again check out OFFICIALTHENX 's YouTube channel for more info.
Hope this helped, & hope you get the size you want to be at, have a nice day!
No offence but what is this ****, thenx says a lot of dumb **** so I wouldn’t trust him for anything. What do abs have to do with it, 15 seconds is not enough rest for a submaximal weight bench set.
Studies have shown that longer(ish) rest times are better for hypertrophy too.

Close grip bench, OP.
ShahedAli-02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by funk controller)
No offence but what is this ****, thenx says a lot of dumb **** so I wouldn’t trust him for anything. What do abs have to do with it, 15 seconds is not enough rest for a submaximal weight bench set.
Studies have shown that longer(ish) rest times are better for hypertrophy too.

Close grip bench, OP.
lol I don’t watch him, AthlenX is much better, didn’t really get advice from Chris Heria.
Haven’t watched Heria for a long time now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads