BEng in Computer Science at The University of Edinburgh

Watch
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I plan to apply for this course ahead of my grades next year. The entry requirements upon completing Higher courses by the end of S5 are AAAA - AAAB, but upon further inspection, it only states that Mathematics at grade A is required. This is confusing to me, as I always thought that English at Higher level was a necessity to undertake University courses. Does this mean that the other subjects can be any that I choose? (I am taking Computing Science, Physics, Chemistry and English alongside it)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Blue_Cow can you help on this one?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Blue_Cow can you help on this one?
Question refers to Scottish qualifications, not something I'm familiar with :nope:

(Original post by Strelzo)
I plan to apply for this course ahead of my grades next year. The entry requirements upon completing Higher courses by the end of S5 are AAAA - AAAB, but upon further inspection, it only states that Mathematics at grade A is required. This is confusing to me, as I always thought that English at Higher level was a necessity to undertake University courses. Does this mean that the other subjects can be any that I choose? (I am taking Computing Science, Physics, Chemistry and English alongside it)
If maths is the only *required* subject, then yes, you should be able to take any subject you want for the rest of your options.
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Question refers to Scottish qualifications, not something I'm familiar with :nope:

If maths is the only *required* subject, then yes, you should be able to take any subject you want for the rest of your options.
Ok cool, thanks. That's a pity, because we're forced to do English at Higher level as the school said it was a "necessity" to getting into any University. Just extra work on my shoulders...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads