lyzi.e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So,I'm an aspiring architect and I'm considering what I should take for my GCSE and I've chosen (the compulsory) english maths,science and history and art. I've thought my descion over and over again and I'm not sure if I want to do just art or just dt or both. I've heard that if I take both then its really time consuming. I want to choose the subject that can help my career as an architect but im not sure
likeable ravioli
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
take both
its not that time consuming and as they are both majority course work you have less to worry about come exams. theyre also very enjoyable subjects
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey I did both , art and dt(product design ) For gcse and honestly it is true that it is very time consuming and tiring. However I did it (like many others ) and found that If you really have a passion in arts/crafts and really want to become an architect then definitely go for it . If you really enjoy it ,the time will pass and it wont seem that difficult.trust me . As well as this the skills you learn in art and dt are very useful and different to each other so I would highly suggest you do both .
Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have
lyzi.e
Rep:
?
(Original post by likeable ravioli)
take both
its not that time consuming and as they are both majority course work you have less to worry about come exams. theyre also very enjoyable subjects
thanks this is really helpful! honestly i didnt expect anyone to reply!
lyzi.e
Rep:
?
(Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT)
Hey I did both , art and dt(product design ) For gcse and honestly it is true that it is very time consuming and tiring. However I did it (like many others ) and found that If you really have a passion in arts/crafts and really want to become an architect then definitely go for it . If you really enjoy it ,the time will pass and it wont seem that difficult.trust me . As well as this the skills you learn in art and dt are very useful and different to each other so I would highly suggest you do both .
Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have
thanks! um here is a question: for a levels are you planning to do both again or just one?
THE-BLACK-CAT
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lyzi.e)
thanks! um here is a question: for a levels are you planning to do both again or just one?
Humm good question . I'm actually planning on doing a UAL (university of arts London ) level 3 course instead of a levels . I feel doing such a course ,like a btec, is much better if you plan on going into the arts / creative field . Unlike a levels where you are doing other subjects , you will be able to spend more time on doing what you love and gaining more skills . Universities like this .
I know that you can do a level 3 course in architecture . Which if you choose to do is equivalent to doing 3 a levels
lyzi.e
Rep:
?
(Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT)
Humm good question . I'm actually planning on doing a UAL (university of arts London ) level 3 course instead of a levels . I feel doing such a course ,like a btec, is much better if you plan on going into the arts / creative field . Unlike a levels where you are doing other subjects , you will be able to spend more time on doing what you love and gaining more skills . Universities like this .
I know that you can do a level 3 course in architecture . Which if you choose to do is equivalent to doing 3 a levels
thanks for the info really appreciate it
THE-BLACK-CAT
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lyzi.e)
thanks for the info really appreciate it
Np! If you have any any other questions please ask me .like if you want to know more about GCSE art and dt( the inside info and how to do it well ). you can even ask me any questions that are silly I don't mind.. I am always here ok ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads