cascadingstylez
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Why is this Legend so anonymous?

I feel he has made history already, and can understand his reasons for having to stay anonymous. If he was uncovered I'm sure Paris Hilton and Disney Land would sue, but if it was me I would rather people know my face.

I don't understand how he remains anonymous. He must have his own factory that is able to produce his models and prints because otherwise people would grass him up for a big cheque. He also has an agent and obviously has friends and associates that know who he is.

If police can catch murderers why can't people like Paris Hilton employ detectives to find out who he is?

Amazing artist though. I am currently looking for that 10 pound note he did, but they are expensive
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe he doesn't care for being a celebrity!?
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I **** you not but i saw him or someone pretending to be him doing his art in bricklane e1, and it wasn't 1 man, it was 2 men and 1 woman.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mos Def)
I **** you not but i saw him or someone pretending to be him doing his art in bricklane e1, and it wasn't 1 man, it was 2 men and 1 woman.
Maybe thats the reason why he/she or they remain anonymous because it's more than one person. Didn't think of that.

You should have took a photo when you had the chance. Could be a fake though.

I have often wondered how he does what he does on his own.
supernova2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im pretty sure its known who he is.
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It could be YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

'quoting the old national lottery adverts'
Gary10k
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
"there's no way you'll get a quote from us for your book" - Met police.

I love it
emilY?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Gary10k)
"there's no way you'll get a quote from us for your book" - Met police.

I love it
Haha, I've got that book too!

It's so good, a shame though IMO that his work has become rich peoples' possessions like some sort of celebrity statement. I think remaining anonymous is perhaps the only thing he can do to stop that kind of thing from ruining the meaning/ initial aim of his stuff.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I saw alot of people watching, but they didn't mind, and no one was hyped up like omg banksy.

Thing is, i didn't know he was a famous artist, didn't know about a Banksy person existed anyway, only recently found out the art i saw being done was by him, and funnily everyone looking was just looking for the sake of , wow vandalism lol
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
I saw alot of people watching, but they didn't mind, and no one was hyped up like omg banksy.

Thing is, i didn't know he was a famous artist, didn't know about a Banksy person existed anyway, only recently found out the art i saw being done was by him, and funnily everyone looking was just looking for the sake of , wow vandalism lol
I am not sure he repeats his art in different places (i.e. doing the same piece twice). I am guessing you seen someone doing the art and then found out after what you saw was Banksy.

To be honest it might not have been him because he is famous and alot of people know about him. I am not saying your wrong or I'm right, but i wasn't there to see.

I think Banksy has raised the bar in the art and graffiti world. He does alot of things out of political interest, such as the guantanimo (sp?) prisoner being placed in Disney land. The thing he did to Paris Hilton was well worth it.

If I had the money, I would collect his art. He is an artist at the end of the day and has made history so its obvious his work will always continue to rise in value.

I am still puzzled as to how he stays anon. He should write a book when he is old and grey and detail how he did it.
Somebody
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There was an interview with him in last Sunday's Mail on Sunday's "Live" magasine. Was really good
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It gives you his real name on wiki, apparently he does get help.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cascadingstylez)
Why is this Legend so anonymous?

I feel he has made history already, and can understand his reasons for having to stay anonymous. If he was uncovered I'm sure Paris Hilton and Disney Land would sue, but if it was me I would rather people know my face.

I don't understand how he remains anonymous. He must have his own factory that is able to produce his models and prints because otherwise people would grass him up for a big cheque. He also has an agent and obviously has friends and associates that know who he is.

If police can catch murderers why can't people like Paris Hilton employ detectives to find out who he is?

Amazing artist though. I am currently looking for that 10 pound note he did, but they are expensive
I'm Banksy. Hello.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Profesh)
I'm Banksy. Hello.
Errrm. Yeah. OK. Hello Banksy.
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cascadingstylez)
I am not sure he repeats his art in different places (i.e. doing the same piece twice). I am guessing you seen someone doing the art and then found out after what you saw was Banksy.

To be honest it might not have been him because he is famous and alot of people know about him. I am not saying your wrong or I'm right, but i wasn't there to see.

I think Banksy has raised the bar in the art and graffiti world. He does alot of things out of political interest, such as the guantanimo (sp?) prisoner being placed in Disney land. The thing he did to Paris Hilton was well worth it.

If I had the money, I would collect his art. He is an artist at the end of the day and has made history so its obvious his work will always continue to rise in value.

I am still puzzled as to how he stays anon. He should write a book when he is old and grey and detail how he did it.
they were doing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Banksy-art.jpg

and thats what it was. And i **** you not there was a woman and 2 guys doing it. They were all wearing hoodies, but he was a white male.
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Doesn't Banksy just copy that French guy?
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
they were doing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Banksy-art.jpg

and thats what it was. And i **** you not there was a woman and 2 guys doing it. They were all wearing hoodies, but he was a white male.
Probably was then.

I was about to say how does it take 3 people to do that but its probably their speed that keeps them anon.

I did a bit of graffiti when i was younger. I copied one of Banksy's ideas where he'd cut out a stencil in card and spray over it quickly.

I would love to get started again but nobody is interested in it.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
Even that is amazing. At first i thought it was done with a wallpaper paste brush until i seen the iamges at the bottom and the kid on the ladder.

randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My lil bro has a book about Banksy, he does some cool stuff.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
Oh and this is funny.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.19%
No (101)
74.81%

Watched Threads