The Student Room Group

Natural skin...

Hey guys! So this thing really pisses me off.....
On the internet and YouTube videos their always saying go natural and you don’t need makeup coz ur skin is perfect the way it is
But wat if wen u have acne and it’s severe then ofc ur gonna wear makeup to cover it.... but I’ve heard that that just makes the acne worse....
So u think ppl like this should go natural and without makeup?
Is there any advice that can be given if someone wants to go all natural if their skin is like this
Wat if they hate makeup?
Of course you don't need to wear makeup!

First thing to do here is embracing the acne. Almost everyone has gone through the dreaded acne period at some point in their lives so if someone's bringing you down because of it, then they're just plain wrong lmao. :lol:

If you don't like makeup, why not try acne-treating medications? If it's a severe problem, doctors can describe meds for you. As for over-the-counter treatments, if you haven't tried any yet, I'd recommend Freederm Fast Track. It's helped me quite a bit! :yes:

In general, have a day/night routine including washing your face. You don't want to be stripping your skin of natural oils by insanely rubbing it, but a quick wash with water and a face wash, followed by dabbing your face with a face cloth should work well.

Another thing I'd recommend is putting Calamine lotion on your acne and leaving it overnight. It dries on your face and leaves a white mark, but it's effectively reducing the size of your pimples and taking out the oils/dirt. THIS THING IS A MIRACLE. :lol:

Hope this all helped,
Razzz x
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries

First thing to do here is embracing the acne. Almost everyone has gone through the dreaded acne period at some point in their lives so if someone's bringing you down because of it, then they're just plain wrong lmao. :lol:

If you don't like makeup, why not try acne-treating medications? If it's a severe problem, doctors can describe meds for you. As for over-the-counter treatments, if you haven't tried any yet, I'd recommend Freederm Fast Track. It's helped me quite a bit! :yes:

In general, have a day/night routine including washing your face. You don't want to be stripping your skin of natural oils by insanely rubbing it, but a quick wash with water and a face wash, followed by dabbing your face with a face cloth should work well.

Another thing I'd recommend is putting Calamine lotion on your acne and leaving it overnight. It dries on your face and leaves a white mark, but it's effectively reducing the size of your pimples and taking out the oils/dirt. THIS THING IS A MIRACLE. :lol:

Hope this all helped,
Razzz x

Wow this really helped! Thxxx
Wow u k a lot! 😌
Original post by RazzzBerries

Hope this all helped,
Razzz x

💯 agree ❤️

Hope everything works out for you OP :smile:
Reply 4
😊😊
Reply 5
Hey um...
Just to make things clear
I wasn’t talking bout myself in this chat
Just people in general but if this case happens to someone else then Ik exactly wat to advise them!
I (thank god) (not NOT NOT saying it’s a bad thing) but others say I’m lucky coz I have no spots or acne watsover and I’m 16!
Reply 6
I have bad spots oily and dry scabby skin horrible
I hate. Makeup cos it looks worse like trying to cover it up and fail
Hate girls that cake it on and all I think is your skins really bad I can still see your fooling noone lol
I try to not have. Scabs keep it smooth well try and try for it to not look oily and shiny
But I sweat loads. So it's hard
I generally have a tan from the sun so that gives me colour which hides it a bit or at least makes me feel better
Reply 7
Original post by Immm
I have bad spots oily and dry scabby skin horrible
I hate. Makeup cos it looks worse like trying to cover it up and fail
Hate girls that cake it on and all I think is your skins really bad I can still see your fooling noone lol
I try to not have. Scabs keep it smooth well try and try for it to not look oily and shiny
But I sweat loads. So it's hard
I generally have a tan from the sun so that gives me colour which hides it a bit or at least makes me feel better

Oh kl
Glad u found something u like
Also Yh I hate wen ppl do SO much makeup and try to cover...it all gets cakey... like wats the point
But u know they wanna cover the acne
But there are remedies for that that I have learnt
Thanks!
Original post by Sannah 21
Hey guys! So this thing really pisses me off.....
On the internet and YouTube videos their always saying go natural and you don’t need makeup coz ur skin is perfect the way it is
But wat if wen u have acne and it’s severe then ofc ur gonna wear makeup to cover it.... but I’ve heard that that just makes the acne worse....
So u think ppl like this should go natural and without makeup?
Is there any advice that can be given if someone wants to go all natural if their skin is like this
Wat if they hate makeup?

depends on what you want tbh.. Ik a lot of girls who do a mixture. Sometimes they come to college in with plastic-like makeup.. next day they come in as natural skinned, you don't have to stick to one or the other.. Some makeups create more grease or something (i'm no expert LOL).. So isn't it a good idea to mix it?? IDK i'm not a girl
Reply 9
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
depends on what you want tbh.. Ik a lot of girls who do a mixture. Sometimes they come to college in with plastic-like makeup.. next day they come in as natural skinned, you don't have to stick to one or the other.. Some makeups create more grease or something (i'm no expert LOL).. So isn't it a good idea to mix it?? IDK i'm not a girl

😂😂😂
Thanks for ur comment tjo
Eat healthy, exercise and have a good skin care routine. Once you know you are doing everything for your healthy skin, you will stop caring about others' opinions of you. I was told this when I was younger but I just never understood how true it was so I might as well share it with you: life really, really is too short to care about what strangers think of you.
Reply 11
Thanks, I’m always thinking about how others think of me everywhere...idk y 😒
I mean some ppl should mind their own business ...
Thanks, I’m always thinking about how others think of me everywhere...idk y 😒
I mean some ppl should mind their own business ...

Aw I know exactly how it feels when you let the fear of judgment stop you from living life to its fullest. I am still working on it. So I really hope you too one day - very soon - stop caring about people who do not matter. Take care of yourself. xoxo
Reply 13
Aw thanks x
Yh I wish I get over it....
Aw thanks x
Yh I wish I get over it....

We all begin to get over it just before Uni I'd say. After you finish A-levels and enter the 'real' world (although others would fight me over the fact that post-uni life is the 'real world life') you genuinely become a lot more confident. I can 100% say you will, give it time and practice.
Reply 15
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest