The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Travel Scratch Card!

Hello, fellow travellers! :hi:
In order to log everyone's travels this year, I propose a little game.
Welcome to the TSR world scratch card! :party:
Just follow the instructions below to take part!
1a. If you travelled outside of Europe, go to the latest post on the thread with a black-and-white world map and download it to your phone/PC. It should already be slightly filled in but don't worry! You just need to update it with your own trips :smile:

1b. If you have travelled inside of Europe, go to the latest post on the thread with a black-and-white map of Europe and download it to your phone/PC. It should already be filled in but don't worry! You just need to update it with your own trips :smile:

2. Use an image editor to fill in where you have travelled this summer on the black-and-white world map with a colour of your choice. If there is overlap, just say so in your post and put your spot to one side with a little arrow pointing towards the intended location!

3. It would be ideal if you could mark the towns/cities you visited (roughly) on the map rather than the countries themselves, especially in busy tourist areas such as Spain.
4. Feel free to mark out any other key locations you have visited on your trip too. This can include theme parks, world heritage sites, etc.
5. Post the updated map for the next person to use!

As an example of this, here is the original map of Europe

Spoiler

And here is the updated one with my trip to Spain, more specifically Salou, Barcelona and Port Aventura!

Spoiler

Finally, for all of you international travellers, the world map is here to start on too!

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

For all of you continental travellers, here is the first update to the European map with my own trips to Salou, Barcelona and Port Aventura last month!
5d190c8205b5b287c43c09bb439e5f84.gif
If you are the next person after me, simply download this map, add where you went and post the updated image (full rules are in the OP!)
There is also a world map for all of the international (non-Europe) trecks that can be started on! Whoever wants to start that is more than welcome to :smile:
I'm red, it has been a nice summer...
5d190c8205b5b287c43c09bb439e5f84.gif
Went to Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis, in Serbia
Went to Athens and Kriopiggi in Greece
Went to Caseres and Barcelona in Spain
Went to Paris and Nice in France
Can't forget London
Went to Berlin, went to Vienna... As far as the names from Poland and the rest i can not remember for the life of me they were small places and I wont even try to spell them...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by barror1
For all of you continental travellers, here is the first update to the European map with my own trips to Salou, Barcelona and Port Aventura last month!

If you are the next person after me, simply download this map, add where you went and post the updated image (full rules are in the OP!)
There is also a world map for all of the international (non-Europe) trecks that can be started on! Whoever wants to start that is more than welcome to :smile:

Attachment not found

Here is the extremely interesting addition I've made :rofl:
Been working over the summer so only chances I've had have been weekends away
been to
-Liverpool ( :music: )
-London (dinos innit :teeth: )
-Off to Shrewsbury this weekend :flower:
-Southampton :work:

:woo: awesome thread - let's get travelling :woohoo:
(edited 4 years ago)
Never been outside of Britain, can't afford it
Original post by CoolCavy
Never been outside of Britain, can't afford it

Sorry about that m8, hope that you'll be able to travel a bit some day soon...
Original post by EverythingIsHere
Sorry about that m8, hope that you'll be able to travel a bit some day soon...

Hopefully, once i start earning (also hopefully :redface: ) then i hope to travel to germany as i studied it in depth for a-level and have always wanted to go

:hugs:
Hopefully, once i start earning (also hopefully :redface: ) then i hope to travel to germany as i studied it in depth for a-level and have always wanted to go

Ooooh Germany is a great choice! I did a Munich-Nuremberg-Berlin road trip as part of my year 11 History course. The views on the roads around Nuremberg are just amazing, and the Munich market is insane! Highly recommend :thumbsup:
:bump:
This is actually genius! :eek:

I will try and update my travels soon, though my geography leaves a lot to be desired :tongue:
england-counties.jpg

- I live in London :biggrin:
- I'm going to Brighton tomorrow which is in East Sussex:tongue:
Original post by Obolinda
england-counties.jpg

- I live in London :biggrin:
- I'm going to Brighton tomorrow which is in East Sussex:tongue:

Omg have fun!
Original post by RazzzBerries
Omg have fun!

Thanks 😘
@DrawTheLineWhat about your trip to America? :biggrin:
Original post by barror1
@DrawTheLineWhat about your trip to America? :biggrin:

Omg this looks so fun! I am so not techy at all but I'll attempt to put my little red dots in on Sunday :tongue: if I struggle I'll get one of yous to do it for me :biggrin:
Wait I'll try now
@barror1 do you have a close up map of the USA :colondollar:
I think that's about right heh
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think that's about right heh

Yessss it looks great thank you! I'm so proud that this map has finally escaped Europe :')

You'd love Germany, Cavy! My favourite place in Germany is Rothenburg ob der Tauber

https://happytowander.com/how-to-spend-the-perfect-day-in-rothenburg-ob-der-tauber/

Quick Reply

Latest