How can I be more friendly, warm and approachable?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I'm a female and I've been told that I'm intimidating This makes me feel like I might be coming across as cold, shy, aloof, guarded etc.

Can anyone offer some practical advice as to how I can come across as more approachable? I want to come across as a more friendly lady in relation to dating, but also in work and just life generally.

I feel like I miss out on so many great connections and opportunities! Thank you
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
smile more, even if it's not genuine and a polite smile
ShahedAli-02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

I'm a female and I've been told that I'm intimidating This makes me feel like I might be coming across as cold, shy, aloof, guarded etc.

Can anyone offer some practical advice as to how I can come across as more approachable? I want to come across as a more friendly lady in relation to dating, but also in work and just life generally.

I feel like I miss out on so many great connections and opportunities! Thank you
100% Smile more.
Listen to cheerful music, that makes you happy, with good meaning, sounds bizarre but that makes me a lot happier.
Hope you have a good day!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

Smile, dress cutely, be genuine, be more bubbly and most importantly just be yourself
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hopefully too smart I'm doing well in my career and a few guys have said this to me.. Hopefully not brawny as I'm very tiny and petite! I'm also quiet until you get to know me. I'm trying to be more open and friendly.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How many people have told you are intimidating?

My worry would be a very small sample of people have told you this and it is being vastly overanalysed.
FlameKitty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be open about your feelings and opinions. Try to make it clear what your interests are so that people have something they can talk to you with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads