Elle.c
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
is A level psychology difficult? Is A level sociology difficult? At the moment I’m think of studying Sociology, psychology and criminology but I’m not sure. Any advice???
Rawr789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Psychology can be difficult, there's alot of writing involved and you'll be expected to write timed essays in exams. You also have to remember alot of studies and the workload can be alot so you'll need to keep up. I can't speak for sociology and criminology, but if you have a good memory and have a good understanding of the questions it can be quite easy compared to other alevels.
CE01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A Level Sociology may be seen as a soft subject, but it definitely is not. It is a fun subject to study, if that's what you're interested in (speaking from experience!) However, it is extremely content heavy (remembering theorist names, key terms, learning the correct exam techniques etc). There are usually a lot of topics involved in Sociology and a lot of it is about being able to remember a lot of information when it comes to exams. Like most A Level subjects, I'd say firstly look into the course and the types of things that you will be learning and see if that interests you, but also, there are no easy A Levels! All are equally difficult and have a heavy workload, it's about whether you put the time and effort into it. As a result of this, it's important you pick a subject you think you'll enjoy because then you're more likely to want to study for it and put in the extra work and go that extra mile. Side note - the workload for all A Levels is heavy and especially compared to GCSEs, but as long as you're organised from day 1, you won't go far wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads