Imade13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm starting year 12 in about 5 weeks and i want my epq to be based around recreational drugs, the impact these drugs have fascinate me, but i don't know what my statement should be- can anyone with give me ideas please
Millie_Rose_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My teacher gave my friend advice about the EPQ saying that the statement that you choose should be debatable, allowing you yo weigh up pros and cons. For medicine you could the following

- Should cannabis be considered to be an illicit drug?
- Researching the chemical effects of drugs, and the damaging or not damaging effects they have on the body if abused
- Medical Marijuana - Does legalising it lead to drug abuse?
- Personal freedom or the safety of society: can be drugs be allowed for personal use?
- Mental health effects of recreational drugs and alcohol
- Should medical marijuana be legal in the UK to help those who suffer from chronic pain such as trigeminal neuralgia?

Other suggestions (non-drug)
- Legalisation of voluntary euthanasia in the UK (quite a common epq, but does mean you can find a lot of resources online and on TSR)
- To what extent should the NHS fund the treatment for 'self-inflicted' adult obesity?
- How and why are children with Autism treated differently within modern British society?
- Should gene therapy be used to treat thalassemia B?
- Should people who smoke have to pay for their healthcare on the NHS?
- To what extent is music therapy successful when treating patients with depression?
- Should you have to pay for emergency services for certain situations? (like when you are drunk, on drugs and injure yourself)

I hope some of these interest you. To find more google medicine EPQ and I am sure there are a wide variety of questions out there.

All the best,

Millie
Last edited by Millie_Rose_; 1 year ago
Imade13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Millie_Rose_)
My teacher gave my friend advice about the EPQ saying that the statement that your choice should be debatable, allowing you yo weigh up pros and cons. For medicine you could the following:

- Should cannabis be considered to be an illicit drug?
- Researching the chemical effects of drugs, and the damaging or not damaging effects they have on the body if abused
- Medical Marijuana - Does legalising it lead to drug abuse?
- Personal freedom or the safety of society: can be drugs be allowed for personal use?
- Mental health effects of recreational drugs and alcohol
- Should medical marijuana be legal in the UK to help those who suffer from chronic pain such as trigeminal neuralgia?

Other suggestions (non-drug)
- Legalisation of voluntary euthanasia in the UK (quite a common epq, but does mean you can find a lot of resources online and on TSR)
- To what extent should the NHS fund the treatment for 'self-inflicted' adult obesity?
- How and why are children with Autism treated differently within modern British society?
- Should gene therapy be used to treat thalassemia B?
- Should people who smoke have to pay for their healthcare on the NHS?
- To what extent is music therapy successful when treating patients with depression?
- Should you have to pay for emergency services for certain situations? (like when you are drunk, on drugs and injure yourself)

I hope some of these interest you. To find more google medicine EPQ and I am sure there are a wide variety of questions out there.

All the best,

Millie
thank you SOOOO MUCH
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads