Imade13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is writing about recreational drugs good for me, as i want to do medicine in uni
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Imade13)
is writing about recreational drugs good for me, as i want to do medicine in uni
If you are writing about personal experience, it is probably not a good idea!
Imade13
Rep:
?
(Original post by GANFYD)
If you are writing about personal experience, it is probably not a good idea!
luckily it isn't about personal experience.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't need to do an EPQ to get into medicine, trust me. It'd be much better to focus on getting AAA.
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you can balance your A levels with an EPQ don’t be discouraged! I did it during my A levels and I was fine

In terms of your topic, no particular topic will give you a particular advantage for medicine. But, if it’s a topic you’re interested in and comes up during interviews, it’s a nice talking point.

What would you want to talk about regarding recreational drugs? There’s lots of different angles you could take it.
Imade13
Rep:
?
(Original post by MedicalMuffins)
If you can balance your A levels with an EPQ don’t be discouraged! I did it during my A levels and I was fine

In terms of your topic, no particular topic will give you a particular advantage for medicine. But, if it’s a topic you’re interested in and comes up during interviews, it’s a nice talking point.

What would you want to talk about regarding recreational drugs? There’s lots of different angles you could take it.
i'm mostly interested in the effects recreational drugs have on people, and as a result, the effects play a big part on how people view the use of recreational drugs

but i not sure how to put this into a statement-do you have any other angles in mind?
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm mostly interested in the effects recreational drugs have on people, and as a result, the effects play a big part on how people view the use of recreational drugs

but i not sure how to put this into a statement-do you have any other angles in mind?
Okay so by effect what do you mean? There are many different angles you can take/ incorporate into your report.

Are you talking from biological (physiological perspective), sociological perspective (war on drugs, stigma surrounding drug users, stereotypes of drug users) or psychological (mental health concerns surrounding drugs, consequences of using drugs)

All those elements could be explored based on your research question and what interests you. If you can add in the cost to the NHS (financially, resources, time from staff, changing demand of care)then I would as I think that can easily be brought up in interviews too

Hope this helps a bit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?