?
Report 1 year ago
lawyers
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FluffyUnicorn18)
Other than medical
The same as other countries tbh: investment banking, corporate lawyer, business analyst or analyst in general, finance/risk/marketing/project/product manager, chartered accountants, senior quantity surveyor etc. You can view this on Google.

Most of these will require you to have years worth of experience.
JSmith2123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Having a Job in IT also does pay a lot. Although like said above, most well paid jobs require experience or learning in that’s subject (gcse or a level or even degree).
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Other than medical
All the senior ones that you can't get until you are 40+?
username738914
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the same top jobs that have always paid well?

high finance (deals sellside/buyside, markets sellside/market makers/buyside, asset owners etc), high end prof services (corp law, public accounting, consulting, lobbying, ad agencies etc), quant finance, core roles (product, engineering, design, DS/analytics, research etc) in top tech companies (from startups to public companies), management roles in biz functions, being a CEO or other general manager, scalable/venture backed entrepreneurship, small business ownership, successful creatives across all creative fields, real estate development, admissions consulting for getting into top schools/departments, teaching at top private schools/international schools, tutoring rich kids, being a butler or PA to a rich family, R&D in big pharma, being a professor at a top tier business school or CS department,etc

none of this stuff is new.

in summary.. anything to do with the allocation of capital/resources (finance), the utilisation of capital (management, prof services), the creation of new scalable systems/technologies (hi-tech), the provision of healthcare (medicine, pharma), the supply of energy (o&g, renewables), the creation of knowledge (research, academia etc), power law distribution of notoriety (media, sports, art etc) and pandering to people with money
Last edited by username738914; 1 year ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
All the senior ones that you can't get until you are 40+?
Sorry I don't know if you were referring to medicine, but many consultants are younger than 40 years old (not that consultants earn a lot [for their responsibility]! Starting basic salary is ~ £77k)

Remember, younger doctors can also leave the training programme (temporarily!) to locum, in some in-demand specialties / locations even 2 years post-grad can earn ~£50-£60 per hour. A registrar locum may be able to earn £100-£110 per hour depending on specialty and location.

But then OP has asked for other than medicine, so I will not elaborate more!

There are plenty of top money-earning jobs: premier league footballers / managers, top 10 tennis players, CEO at a top company, investment bankers etc. etc.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Other than medical
Entrepreneurs who set up their own successful businesses
olivia.francesca
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sex work
FluffyUnicorn18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by olivia.francesca)
Sex work
Haha . No thank you XD.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Cartel vato
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Drug baron.
ITGUY19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Other than medical
If your good at IT, become a DevOps engineer. You don’t need a degree, no debt lol. Just do a level 3 and level 4 apprenticeship in software engineer/infrastructure and then invest a hell of lot of time for training for certifications in azure/AWS/Cloud. It will in total cost around 10 grand over 2 and 1/2 years including kit. Then at 18/19 you will have no problem earning 40-70k (depending on who you know a DNS’s location) remember no degree, rise up a bit and get up to high 80/90s circa (5-7 years experience), then branch off to cloud architecture which is circa 100k with about 10 years DevOps experience and 1/2 year architecture. Salary’s definitely change on location. Most are in London. I’m currently in the process of becoming one. It’s my dream of becoming lead security architect for Azure! It takes a lot of time and effort but there’s some serious money to be made and no degree! Defo have a look. If anyone wants to ask me a question, message me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.27%
England (108)
34.18%
Belgium (27)
8.54%
Germany (37)
11.71%
Spain (5)
1.58%
Italy (28)
8.86%
Netherlands (10)
3.16%
Other (Tell us who) (18)
5.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise