twinkl3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hihi : D
Was just needing a few questions answered about Graphics (which will be my last exam next week! >.<)
Anyhoo, i've got the coursework grade back and managed 100% : D
which means i have about 60% of my graphics grade already. First question is, what over % is needed for A/A*?
Also, we've been given the pre release material or whatever that says the exam will mostly be based on CDs etc, can anyone fill me in on this as i am not entirely sure what we would need to do. Design cover etc?.
Furthermore, there are usually questions in which you have to draw 3 different font styles which i struggle to get marks on. Do you have to draw one simple, one with serifs and the last one unique?
And finally, is there anything specific to revise? I haven't really started since graphics isn't very important and i've been revising for things such as Sciences and Maths etc.

Thanks, muchly appreciated : D
Vaza
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm in the same boat as you, but my Graphics exam is on 19th june, are you taking the full or short course?
twinkl3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Haha, yes i mean't the 19th of June...Must have read my timetable wrong -_-'.

But anyway, what are you going to or have already revised for the exam? I don't know what to do : (. I'm doing full course.
milliondollarcorpse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I'm full course AQA too. The pre-release sheet is just to give you a hint on what it's about. A lot of people will say that there's a chance you will have to design an album cover or something, but no one really knows. It'd also be a good idea to research on how a CD case is produced, and what materials are used.
Vaza
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So, there aren't any resources around on the internet? It seems a bit of a broad specification for an exam...
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I made a thread on this a while back and I posted some revision stuff, useful links etc, have a quick look through if you are wondering where to go:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=603469

basically make sure you definitely know die cutting, injection molding, different types of plastics etc... we'll probably have to design a cd cover, I'm guessing (hoping!), so that won't be too bad.

As for the font section, see the attachment for the mark scheme... it's all about making your lines clean and neat, and using the grid...
Attached files
Vaza
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do we need to take colours into the exam? I remember seeing in a mark scheme about the quality of colouring.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Vaza)
Do we need to take colours into the exam? I remember seeing in a mark scheme about the quality of colouring.
Yes you do need colours or you could lose easy marks
Good luck
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yep, definitely need colours.
Amir Moghal
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Does anyone have the cd point of sale net plz need it quick
Jim464
Report 11 years ago
You can find it here : http://mr-dt.com/graphics/cdpos.htm
Danman0704
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
does any1 know what will definitely come up on this exam
Danman0704
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got 93/95 on my coursework and I know that it is 60% of my mark, so what do i need to get in the exam for an A*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.42%
No (294)
75.58%

Watched Threads