Dog tied to railway line and set on fire. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Wind Guru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
By talking to other people older.. The older generation often mention how disrespectful teens have increased.

I disagree with beating up children, I have never been hit. But I have a fantastic relationship with my parents and don't feel the need to knife some innocent person on the street. Besides, that was just an example. I was suggesting parenting in general - can you imagine what the home life is like? And you have contradicted yourself in a way, discipline isn't acceptable these days - therefore smacking children isn't acceptable in a society where discipline is limited. 20 years it was acceptable to hit children, with the cane at school etc and they knew that was a punishment, because everyone did it.

Just my opinion - not yours.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wind Guru)
By talking to other people older.. The older generation often mention how disrespectful teens have increased.
(hence my comment on the rose tinted spectacles.)
I seem to get this feeling from adults too, but I treat it with discretion. That's because old people are often full of bull**** and for some reason are very pessimistic and inclined towards becoming doomsayers. That's just in my experience however. I'm very respectful towards old people, but to me their word is not law.
Wind Guru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Adampolar)
(hence my comment on the rose tinted spectacles.)
I seem to get this feeling from adults too, but I treat it with discretion. That's because old people are often full of bull**** and for some reason are very pessimistic and inclined towards becoming doomsayers. That's just in my experience however. I'm very respectful towards old people, but to me their word is not law.
Nor is it mine, but I do agree with some of them. Not just about teenagers, but about people in general. If I'm walking along the street, I can never get eye contact from passer bys. I feel intimidated walking past a large group of teenagers with cans of carling in there hands, who don't have respect for anyone else. Of course older people are going to be pessimistic and judge teenagers - because it wasn't like that when they were our age.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Wind Guru)
Of course older people are going to be pessimistic and judge teenagers - because it wasn't like that when they were our age.
Who says, how on earth do you know? ever heard of mods and rockers or in fact skinheads?
tetters
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sickening, i hope these people rot in jail
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my god.. that is disgusting. I hope the ALF give them what they deserve.
Wind Guru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Who says, how on earth do you know? ever heard of mods and rockers or in fact skinheads?
Fair enough.
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mods and rockers?! LOL what did they ever do, maybe skinheads but the non-racist ones weren't that bad either. The chav beats all of those combined.
NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As ****ed up as this is, the people calling for the death of the kids who did it are just as ****ed up
NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Having read more comments... jesus you guys disturb me every bit as much as the kids do; in the UK we have a thing called Justice and the Rule of Law. Its what seperates us from undeveloped countries where lynch mobs roam the streets.

ALF is essentially a terrorist organisation. Supporting animal rights DOES NOT MEAN supporting ALF. Some of the things they have done are every bit as sick as what these boys have done, i'll get some stories out if you disagree.

Calling for the death of people for a crime like this is as absurd as it is ignorant.
xtinkerbellx
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Yuffie)
Personally I think a picture such as the one from vietnam of the man being shot is a million times more distressing.
ye i think we get it now ! your all for the people ! does not make this crime 'minor' though
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
BAWWWWWWWWW This thread just repeats itself on every page.
sweetfloss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's truly disgusting, and their age is no excuse!
username51312
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Whats wrong with burning a dog?
If people get burned alive with napalm why we should care about some dog
Desperate Prayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To think, what led them to do this to an animal.

Desperate Prayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by UAG)
Whats wrong with burning a dog?
If people get burned alive with napalm why we should care about some dog
Why cant we care about both?
ColdVein
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Frankly I dont give a **** about some dog, there are more important things going on in the world than one dog being killed. ALF people need to get a life and get some jobs
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
They are obviously zoosadists, and i agree that they should be executed in a similar way but everyone sounds very naive getting so emotional when things like this happen all the time.

A question for you: how would you have reacted if it was a snake as opposed to a dog i'm curious.
Honestly? I'd really not care too much, it's an interesting point. Presumably because we see dog's as companions and snakes as 'evil' (traditionally)
definite_maybe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This story is disturbing, but I do understand where above posters are coming from, and it would be more upsetting if the same happened to a human. However, I am not condoning the actions of these boys in any way, and hope that they will receive an appropiate punishment for their actions.
username51312
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Desperate Prayer)
Why cant we care about both?
cos police shouldnt waste time on a dog murder while these plenty of unsolved human murder cases
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads