Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thats so bad

poor poor dog!
jess079
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
can people stop trying to compare species! It is simply human nature to have a "ranking" of species. For thousands of years we have valued dogs and THAT is why MOST humans find events like this simply horrific
NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Noone has made a credible argument for why a dog's life is more important than another animal, say a snake beyond "its mans best friend"... which is a emotive argument on the same level as "OH BUT IT WAS SOOO CUTE". You cant make moral decisions based on how cute an animal is.
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
Is he just trying to get negative rep?
Sorry; Im used to a higher level of debate than this bs of unsupported emotive arguments and shrieking.
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jess079)
can people stop trying to compare species! It is simply human nature to have a "ranking" of species. For thousands of years we have valued dogs and THAT is why MOST humans find events like this simply horrific
That may be an explanation of human nature (and an accurate one) but it doesnt explain why the LAW should treat this crime differently.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
Because A Dog Is A Mammal That Is More Evolved Than A Fly And Has More Human % In Its Genetic Makeup Than An Insect.
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NeverMindThat)
Noone has made a credible argument for why a dog's life is more important than another animal, say a snake beyond "its mans best friend"... which is a emotive argument on the same level as "OH BUT IT WAS SOOO CUTE". You cant make moral decisions based on how cute an animal is.
They may not be as important but they are still important, but i agree with the second party which is why i asked what people's reactions would be if it was a snake instead of a dog.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by UAG)
cos police shouldnt waste time on a dog murder while these plenty of unsolved human murder cases
I'd rather they investigate this than shoplifting though, especially as the dog was set alight so there's arson too, and potentially endangering the lives of others nearby.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
I tell you what. If these ****ers did this to my dog I would actually consider doing it to them
NeverMindThat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jess079)
Because A Dog Is A Mammal That Is More Evolved Than A Fly And Has More Human % In Its Genetic Makeup Than An Insect.

Why should that matter? Also a pig has more similarity to humans than a dog does and we allow a LOT worse treatment of pigs.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
A fly has a life span of 20 days (dont ask me how i know that!) They have NO ability to interact with each other or communicate. Dogs on the other hand understand social structure and obligations, and are capable of interacting with other members of the pack.
dsouzabnoel
Report 11 years ago
That's a really sad story, But I can't understand why these sad M***** ****ers did such evil thing, especially to a animal.
MarshallJT
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

As anyone, beyond personal opinion/emotive argument actually made a proper argument that Human life is more important than that of another animal? or that all life should be treated with the same basic rights? Because if they have I have missed those posts.

If your side of the argument or level of opposing debate is not to your level, then raise the stakes as it were and list your reasons for your argument. If no one as given enough viable reasons why one is better or less wrong than the other then you shouldn't expect any further debate to go past things like "I think your wrong" "I think I am Right" posts.
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why should that matter? Also a pig has more similarity to humans than a dog does and we allow a LOT worse treatment of pigs.
I was going to mention how pigs get slaughtered, just as most other animals are, there are more humane ways of doing it, but to some people money is more important.
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Kill the kids, tbh. Little ****ing brats.

Let's say how god-like they feel when we cut off their balls and feed it to the dog's litter.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
yehh i agree with loadmalz.
Let's hunt them down
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by loadmalz)
Kill the kids, tbh. Little ****ing brats.

Let's say how god-like they feel when we cut off their balls and feed it to the dog's litter.
Another one?! I might just copy and paste what's already been said because i've really lost interest now.
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
Another one?! I might just copy and paste what's already been said because i've really lost interest now.
Come again?

Definately my first post in this thread.
Wind Guru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kolya)
Again, please don't slip into fantasy: the children have not yet been shown to be guilty, and even if they did do it - and that is an important 'if' - the motive behind their actions is unclear. Why not wait for sufficient information before attacking them? You would hope for the same courtesy if for some reason you found yourself in their position.
Was I attacking them? I digressed from the children themselves. But the fact is, there is an underlying issue. Such awful events occur - Jim Bolger for instance. The killers are now released - and no one knows where they are.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (106)
17.76%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.3%
Not great so far... (212)
35.51%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.43%

Watched Threads