This discussion is closed.
Adampolar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jess079)
Ah that explains a lot of things!
But not the fact that you have the mental maturity of a 6 year old huh?
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NeverMindThat)
Sorry, lets just get this right, your opinion is that losing a pet dog is WORSE than genocide and mass death in Africa? Because that is what you just said.
Hardly :rolleyes:

There's a lot of tragedies in this world, comparing one to the other and saying "1's worse than 2, so 2 hardly means anything considering the extent of 1", is just stupid.

It's like me being happy about getting a B, then you come along and say "Well, you've hardly made an Atomic bomb like Einstein, so no one cares". Well, Sir... I care, so concede now, before you truly start sounding like a total idiot.

Comparing a dog's death to people dieing in Africa, wtf? :rolleyes:
TheEnergizerRabbit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Um dont just fling that statement about. Someone earlier wrote that we should respect these 2 boys UNTIL they are found guilty. And i totally disagree with that
Which is why I'm thankful that you are no where near a court room. Until they are proven guilty, assuming them to be guilty implies the only one deserving of an unjustified lack of respect; would be you. We don't know if both of them did it, one of them did it, neither of them did it or if you did it. Until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt, they deserve the respect that any person you know nothing about would enjoy. Be that little or lots.
Remo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
***** knobs they dont know da meaning of life!!

blame da parents i'd say...bunch of fools!!
jess079
Report 11 years ago
hahah sorry i didn't realise i was typing in caps locks...i was so caught up in just writing it!
2nd2god
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by loadmalz)

There's a lot of tragedies in this world, comparing one to the other and saying "1's worse than 2, so 2 hardly means anything considering the extent of 1", is just stupid.

It's like me being happy about getting a B, then you come along and say "Well, you've hardly made an Atomic bomb like Einstein, so no one cares". Well, Sir... I care, so concede now, before you truly start sounding like a total idiot.

I didn't directly compare them, I was just making the point that this gets too much press and attention compared to the real trajedies like starvation in Africa, which I feel is a valid point which is hard to argue with.
NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
NO. YOU ARE TAKING IT OUT OF CONTEXT. ON A PERSONAL LEVEL IT IS BECAUSE WE CANT EVEN IMAGINE WHAT IS HAPPENING OVER THERE OR WHAT IT FEELS LIKE. BUT WE CAN THIS IF WE OWN A DOG
I would disagree but your use of caps has convinced me!

Saying that the punishment for this should be death or torture is barbaric. The views you two hold are essentially the epitome of everything that is wrong with society at the moment, and the antithesis of civilisation.

Justice, Rule of Law, Fair Trial, Human Rights. These concepts mean anything to you?
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by 2nd2god)
Well sorry but I have a big problem with people caring so much about dogs, the amount of money and resources spent on caring for a dog, could be used to care for a person who actually needs it.
The problem is with the irrationality of humans . How we have tamed an animal, cross breed it and all that, and now care about it more than most people on Earth, because lets be honest most people would be far more distraught if their dog died, then if some person across the street died.
You have a very dim outlook on life.
NeverMindThat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

A dogs death isnt a tragedy. Its a shame.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok, go on then.

Chargrilled pooch.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by TheEnergizerRabbit)
Which is why I'm thankful that you are no where near a court room. Until they are proven guilty, assuming them to be guilty implies the only one deserving of an unjustified lack of respect; would be you. We don't know if both of them did it, one of them did it, neither of them did it or if you did it. Until it is proven beyond reasonable doubt, they deserve the respect that any person you know nothing about would enjoy. Be that little or lots.
How ironic that I am doing a law degree. These boys are guilty. I would refuse to defend them.
It is simply a personal view though. Which I am entitled to
imtired
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Remo)
***** knobs they dont know da meaning of life!!

blame da parents i'd say...bunch of fools!!
Do you know the meaning of life? Please tell me if you do, i think we'd all like to know
2nd2god
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You have a very dim outlook on life.
At least it's a rational view of life that doesn't get overblown by the death of a dog.
At least I have some perspective.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NeverMindThat)
A dogs death isnt a tragedy. Its a shame.
I agree. Yet for the person that owned and loved the dog it is a tragedy.
And for the parents of the boys that did it...it's a tragedy
2nd2god
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How ironic that I am doing a law degree. These boys are guilty. I would refuse to defend them.
It is simply a personal view though. Which I am entitled to
Are you being serious?
You are doing a law degree yet you are assuming people are guilty which you have no evidence of, bar a few tabliod newspaper stories.
Lets hope you never get put in a jury, let alone become a lawyer.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
At least it's a rational view of life that doesn't get overblown by the death of a dog.
True.
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I didn't directly compare them, I was just making the point that this gets too much press and attention compared to the real trajedies like starvation in Africa, which I feel is a valid point which is hard to argue with.
So you're posting comments that you feel cannott be argued with? What's the point in that? Trying to get up your post count?

At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with this thread. You may as well just said "get over it" and left. That's the basic jist of your entire ranting... you're just further proving you're a fool who can't even spell tragedy.
jess079
Report 11 years ago
As to your previous quote about spending money on dogs...i think that England is a wealthy enough country to look after its animals
Remo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by imtired)
Do you know the meaning of life? Please tell me if you do, i think we'd all like to know

oh hahhaa nah i was tryin to say that they shouldnt go killing innocent animals...its just wrong on all levels

they should appreciate it not kill animals
2nd2god
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I agree. Yet for the person that owned and loved the dog it is a tragedy.
And for the parents of the boys that did it...it's a tragedy
You could argue it's a tragedy they allowed themselves to get so emotionally attached to an animal.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads