The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
2nd2god
Are you being serious?
You are doing a law degree yet you are assuming people are guilty which you have no evidence of, bar a few tabliod newspaper stories.
Lets hope you never get put in a jury, let alone become a lawyer.

If I was to prosecute these boys (which someone would do in court) I would have to believe that they were guilty.
Reply 341
2nd2god
At least it's a rational view of life :smile: that doesn't get overblown by the death of a dog.
At least I have some perspective.

I value things I care about. I'm empathising with this dog owner, simply because had it been my dog, I'd be terribly emotional right now.
Reply 342
jess079
As to your previous quote about spending money on dogs...i think that England is a wealthy enough country to look after its animals

Lol but it doesn't look after a number of it's people for example the homeless people, and the pensioners who have to choose to either "heat or eat"
they should be cared for before we even think about caring for animals.
It's all about priorties.
Caring for animals should be second to caring for people.
Reply 343
2nd2god
You could argue it's a tragedy they allowed themselves to get so emotionally attached to an animal.

:troll:
Reply 344
2nd2god
You could argue it's a tragedy they allowed themselves to get so emotionally attached to an animal.

Um i dont think that I would call love a tragedy to be honest. Otherwise you could argue your point to humans when they died
jess079
If I was to prosecute these boys (which someone would do in court) I would have to believe that they were guilty.

After looking at the real hard facts, yet it seems someone would just have to make a mention of cruelty to animals and you'd have them staring down the barrel of the gun.
Reply 346
2nd2god
Lol but it doesn't look after a number of it's people for example the homeless people, and the pensioners who have to choose to either "heat or eat"
they should be cared for before we even think about caring for animals.
It's all about priorties.
Caring for animals should be second to caring for people.

I agree. I just think the country should do BOTH
Reply 347
This is me, Eliza Thornberry, part of your average family. I've got a dad, a mom, and a sister. There is Donnie - we found him. And Darwin, he found us. Oh yeah, about our house - it moves, because we travel all over the world. You see, my dad hosts this nature show, and my mom shoots it. Okay, so we're not that average. And between you and me, something amazing happened... and now I can talk to animals. It's really cool, but totally secret. And you know what? Life's never been the same.
Reply 348
jess079

Arguable.
Still seems slightly wrong, you have to assume they are potentually guilty, then present the evidence which makes it this way.
You can't assume someones guilty until you have heard both sides of the story, even if you are prosecuting.
Reply 349
Adampolar
After looking at the real hard facts, yet it seems someone would just have to make a mention of cruelty to animals and you'd have them staring down the barrel of the gun.

No not at all. From what I have read, from the evidence i have seen, the boys are pretty much looking guilty. Obviously I don't have all the facts, but I am simply stating my opinion. And I would be much happier prosecuting than defending
jess079
How ironic that I am doing a law degree. These boys are guilty. I would refuse to defend them. It is simply a personal view though. Which I am entitled to

I'm not sure its ironic, I think it's a pity. These boys are guilty - Based on; witness reports? DNA evidence? signed confessions? or.... www.northantset.co.uk. Innocent until proven guilty should not be an ideal lost on a law student. The fact that I'm making this point the third time is.. sad.
pork products
Do the same to the kids that did it, as that is digusting

lol
Reply 352
2nd2god
Arguable.
Still seems slightly wrong, you have to assume they are potentually guilty, then present the evidence which makes it this way.
You can't assume someones guilty until you have heard both sides of the story, even if you are prosecuting.

Definately. But read my comment below...i am making a judgement merely from what i have read. which i admit is not ENOUGH
imtired
This is me, Eliza Thornberry, part of your average family. I've got a dad, a mom, and a sister. There is Donnie - we found him. And Darwin, he found us. Oh yeah, about our house - it moves, because we travel all over the world. You see, my dad hosts this nature show, and my mom shoots it. Okay, so we're not that average. And between you and me, something amazing happened... and now I can talk to animals. It's really cool, but totally secret. And you know what? Life's never been the same.

*Que Wild Thornberry's music*

:p:

Absolutely disgusting to the dog though, imo the kids should be named and shamed.
jess079
No not at all. From what I have read, from the evidence i have seen, the boys are pretty much looking guilty. Obviously I don't have all the facts, but I am simply stating my opinion. And I would be much happier prosecuting than defending

You haven't even seen any evidence!
A newspaper article is not evidence!
Reply 355
TheEnergizerRabbit
I'm not sure its ironic, I think it's a pity. These boys are guilty - Based on; witness reports? DNA evidence? signed confessions? or.... www.northantset.co.uk. Innocent until proven guilty should not be an ideal lost on a law student. The fact that I'm making this point the third time is.. sad.

Read my points above.
haha says the guy called "energiser rabbit"
jess079
Read my points above.
haha says the guy called "energiser rabbit"

Ignorant=You.
Reply 357
jess079
Definately. But read my comment below...i am making a judgement merely from what i have read. which i admit is not ENOUGH

To be honest I would far prefer defending myself in court than having you defending me sometime in the future, at least that way I wouldn't get sent down within one hour of the trail.
Reply 358
Oh gosh really? And you know so much about me that I'm going to take that to heart.
Anyway we've gone way off the point of this thread. Basically it was a horrific deed that should never happen again. But there are worse things in life. I think is the basic conclusion?
Reply 359
TheEnergizerRabbit
Thank you for demonstrating that someone has some common sense and isn't a tool of the media.

Latest

Trending

Trending